Hit the moon with these speakers and a 20k amp

Guys,

I thank you all for giving you valuable advise and also your care.

Don't worry, I am not blowing any money on Cadence or any another speaker as of now.
I very well know the high cost of buying first hand the premium brands.

Just imagine, my other thread on amplifier was going into suggestions like Emotiva or Stratos that pump 200+ watts,
so would I buy Cadence when I can drive them with something simpler.

The point of thread was :

How much to spend on amplification and how much on speakers??

thanks

The point of thread was :

How much to spend on amplification and how much on speakers??

There is no such ratio. What amp you need totally depends on what speaker you want to drive in what sized room !!

To illustrate, a Harbeth SHL5 can be driven easily by a 50 watt Marantz. If you upgrade the amp to a 200 watt Krell, there would be an improvement for sure but not by much. On the other hand a similarly priced Dynaudio would require MINIMUM 200 watts to start with.
So !!! Will you buy a Harbeth even if you like the Dynaudio more ? Unless the competition is really close, you would logically choose the speaker you liked more and then look for an amp. This is a typical scenario.
Some people are fortunate to find speaker-amp combo which are reasonably priced but thats not typically the case. You first choose the speaker you love and then feed it with the required electronics. A Dynaudio costing 200k will typically require you to spend almost the equal amount on amplification and sometimes more.

Similarly some speakers demand high quality tube amps. Typically horn and high efficiency speakers. Again the story is the same.

I have said this else where on this forum, after a certain level in hifi it has to be the balancing act to get the best sound. No ratio works in that terrain !!

Here is the pricelist for Cadence speakers.

1)Cadence ARITA' Bookshelf speaker Rs. 80,000/-Per pair
2)Cadence DIVA Rs. 1,10,000/-
3)Cadence ANINA Rs. 1,30,000/-
4)Cadence AVITA Rs. 1,40,000/-
5)Cadence AMAYA Rs.1,75,000/-
6)Cadence ARISTA Rs.1,85,000/-
7)Cadence ARCA Rs.4,90,000/-

They claim that their electrostats can withstand Indian conditions and humidification to a greater level then say, Martin Logan or others ( one ML has showing condition related problems on this forums).
This claim remains to be checked though the long-term use of Cadence is legendary.

Please do research this a little bit more as I have heard they need refoiling every couple of years, else the sound just gets duller.....and thats not cheap. do check this out before you buy.

A Used pair of Aritas may be a good option though

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back