• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

HMV stereo 1010 Repair

Audiolab M-DAC Mini

shobhit_hmv

Hello everyone. During my recent visit to my home I found my dad's HMV stereo 1010 turn table. I have lot of childhood memories associated with it. Do anyone of you know-
Someone who can repair it?
Where can I get the spare parts?
Thank you

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

shobhit_hmv

@skroderider thank you for the link. I went through the post it basically revolved around memories everybody has with their TTs.
Didn't get much help around repair options.

Our might help if I post a pic of my player.

I am certain I need a new tone arm. If that's what you call you which holds the needle.

Thank you

kbhuvi

Please post some pics. It may help. I dont have any knowledge about any techs in gurugram . I have Mr Jha's no. who resides in ghaziabad. There are some techs in chandni chowk area but i dont have any first hand information.

Apart from the sentimental reasons, i would not advise you to put money in the 1010.

skroderider

@skroderider thank you for the link. I went through the post it basically revolved around memories everybody has with their TTs.
Didn't get much help around repair options.

Our might help if I post a pic of my player.

I am certain I need a new tone arm. If that's what you call you which holds the needle.

Thank you
I am no expert, but my intention in sharing the link was to tell you that it's not a cost effective thing to restore that TT, unless you have sentimental reasons to do so and/or are a collector :)

skroderider

I am no expert, but my intention in sharing the link was to tell you that it's not a cost effective thing to restore that TT, unless you have sentimental reasons to do so and/or are a collector :)
To add to that, my dad used to have one of these, and it was one of the primary reasons I was exposed to many kinds of music at an early age. Unfortunately I don't have mine around any longer but I always remember it with fondness.

SPONSORED ADS