Home Automation - 75+ devices - From Domoticz to Home Assistant

superczar

So I finally migrated my Home automation core from Domoticz to Home assistant !
1 week calendar time, 20+ hours of dedicated work and moving 80 odd devices later, I am feeling rather smug about it !

I decided to upload my config and other assorted details on github for my own records as well as in the hope it will help someone on this hobby!
I guess as far as hobbies go, this is only second to Hifi reproduction in terms of being a timesink/ rabbithole - although it's certainly a cheaper quest :)

homekit.jpg

More screenshots:
porch.jpg proxmox.jpg sensors.jpeg kitchen.jpeg study.jpg Living.jpeg BR.jpg

Full story and code:
(Just scroll down 1 page if you want only the story! :) )

So I finally migrated my Home automation core from Domoticz to Home assistant !
1 week calendar time, 20+ hours of dedicated work and moving 80 odd devices later, I am feeling rather smug about it !

I decided to upload my config and other assorted details on github for my own records as well as in the hope it will help someone on this hobby!
I guess as far as hobbies go, this is only second to Hifi reproduction in terms of being a timesink/ rabbithole - although it's certainly a cheaper quest :)

View attachment 46911

More screenshots:
View attachment 46904 View attachment 46905 View attachment 46906 View attachment 46907 View attachment 46908 View attachment 46909 View attachment 46910

Full story and code:
(Just scroll down 1 page if you want only the story! :) )
Nice. I wish I had the persistence to setup Hass.io.
Tried twice and failed. Didn't try again.
Do you use amazon alexa or Google home for voice commands?

Nice. I wish I had the persistence to setup Hass.io.
Tried twice and failed. Didn't try again.
Do you use amazon alexa or Google home for voice commands?
Primarily homepod / siri then Alexa.. Google home is very unreliable for HA.
PS: Have added all the details incl voice control on the github link

Primarily homepod / siri then Alexa.. Google home is very unreliable for HA.
PS: Have added all the details incl voice control on the github link
Just went through your entire github post.
That's a very elaborate setup you have.
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I want to control lights or fan for each room by just saying "alexa turn on fan" into the particular room's alexa, instead of saying alexa turn on living room fan or bedroom fan. But that isn't possible if you have all the smart speakers linked to a single account. Is this possible with HA?

Just went through your entire github post.
That's a very elaborate setup you have.
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I want to control lights or fan for each room by just saying "alexa turn on fan" into the particular room's alexa, instead of saying alexa turn on living room fan or bedroom fan. But that isn't possible if you have all the smart speakers linked to a single account. Is this possible with HA?
You could use habridge as a standalone bridge - i think it allows for custom filters by device although I haven't tried the per room customization.
Personally I find it easier to ask e.g. the kitchen alexa to "switch off the bedroom AC" or "switch off the study fan" if i forgot to do so while leaving the room :)

Massive project! Kudos for the commitment and also for documenting it. Will be a huge help to others.
I shared your githib page with hackaday

Back