Home theater - 50 K

jerryns

I bought a DLP Projector and want to set up a Home theater.. Would like to buy AV receiver and Speaker set within 30 to 50 K... Plz help
AV receiver can be 5.1 or 7.1 ... Should have HDMI atleast for audio.. My room size is 13 * 12 feet .. FM receiver is a must... Mainly i will use for watching movies and sometimes music

Cheers
Jerry

The Wrong Lane

I bought a DLP Projector and want to set up a Home theater.. Would like to buy AV receiver and Speaker set within 30 to 50 K... Plz help
AV receiver can be 5.1 or 7.1 ... Should have HDMI atleast for audio.. My room size is 13 * 12 feet .. FM receiver is a must... Mainly i will use for watching movies and sometimes music

Cheers
Jerry

Jerry,

Your room size is too small to have a projector. Please tell me the screen size which you are using.

I think your budget is quite less for av receiver and for 5.1 speakers. Your room size will not be eligible for 7.1 speakers.

Vinay.

Cheers
Jerry

Jerry, looks like you are new here. Welcome!

A component based system would be a compromise in that budget, if that is what you are after. If you are comfortable, try the 2nd hand route. Or else, HTIB or Sub/Sat is the way to go - you can find some decent ones in the Onkyo range. Might suit your room size better imo. Most of them do come with FM/AM tuners.

Regarding the screen-size vs. viewing distance, you can use this chart-
1080p Does Matter - Here's When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution) � CarltonBale.com

and this spreadsheet-
http://www.carltonbale.com/ht/calculator/theater_calculator_v3.7.xls

All the best.

Tragedy At It's Best.

I bought a DLP Projector and want to set up a Home theater. My room size is 13 * 12 feet
Jerry

Jerry,

The spread sheet was very informative, which the member has given to you.

I think whatever the size of your screen, the easiest way out for you to salvage the situation is now, to reduce the picture size to around 35/40 inches, this way you will loose the charm of a much bigger picture size of say 80 - 100 inches, so the whole charm of having a projector has been defeated.

I think that you have still not bought the screen, if this is so, than maybe i can suggest you some other way out, which may give you some relief rally. The idle way would be if you can return the projector to the dealer, but he will not take it, till you use a gun at his fore head.

When my mini theatre was in the making i also had realized that my room length is small, so i had to remove my bathroom, to make the room longer, so now my theatre room length is 23 feet, while it was earlir at 17 feet.

When my mini theatre was in the making, I had got my wall white painted to a screen size 90 inches breadth with a height of 7 feet, than for several days I saw full movies, with different sizes on the white wall, I used markers and measurement tapes to set different sizes, finally I choose two sizes, 72" x 3.5 feet (16 x 9 - Dnp brand), and 82" x 5 feet (4 x 3 Dalite brand).

To conclude i also have gone through a lot of tragedy during the making of my theatre.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back