Home Theater accessories to get from the US

donmathew90

Hey Everyone - A friend is coming from the US and I was wondering if there was something small and under 10-20k INR that I can ask him to get that'll a) add value to a home theater and b) something that is expensive to buy here.

It's a very open ended question buddy , at 10-20k for a HT system without knowing what is your existing chain + media setup difficult to suggest. These are some things I can think of
i) Nvidia Shield & the likes for media player
ii) 4k Movie discs if you are into physical media
iii) Subwoofer isolation feet

Second hand Ultra HD Blu ray player and lots of used UHD discs. Buy it with the mind to sell it later.
Honestly, you get almost everything in India minus the 30 day return deal.
At the most a Umik kit, if you want to fine tune your home theater setup.
Anything that plugs into the wall will be pointless as most will be 120 volt.

UHD discs all the way. Your HT SQ can be heavily influenced by the quality of your source.

I also see that many latest UHD releases are not available in India and if so, are very expensive.

It's a very open ended question buddy , at 10-20k for a HT system without knowing what is your existing chain + media setup difficult to suggest. These are some things I can think of
i) Nvidia Shield & the likes for media player
ii) 4k Movie discs if you are into physical media
iii) Subwoofer isolation feet
Ah, my apologies! My gear consists of Hisense U7H 65inch + Denon X1800H + Taga Harmony 607 5.0 speakers, Taga Harmony 212SE subwoofer, Taga Harmony TOS-415 v2 for 2 channel Atmos + Mi Box 2nd Gen as a media player + mini PC as NAS.

i) Was thinking about getting the Nvidia Shield Pro for the longest time but the fact that it came out in 2019 puts me off. Also, does it come with a US power adapter? Will it work here?

ii) Sold my PS5 so I don't have a blu-ray player anymore

iii) I've heard that the feet that you get for washing machines work just as well? :)

Second hand Ultra HD Blu ray player and lots of used UHD discs. Buy it with the mind to sell it later.
Honestly, you get almost everything in India minus the 30 day return deal.
At the most a Umik kit, if you want to fine tune your home theater setup.
Anything that plugs into the wall will be pointless as most will be 120 volt.
Thanks! Won't the UHD Blu Ray player also need a step down transformer?

Been thinking about getting a Umik 1 and a Mini DSP but that's for later.

I'll put my wishlist for such a scenario here 😉

- AC Infinity cooling fan for AVR
- Medialight bias lighting
- Been seeing a lot of posts about AC Infinity on FB groups and it's inexpensive but I'm wondering if I'll actually need. My media room is air conditioned most of the time and it's cleaned regularly (I still find some dust on the AVR in due time though). Will it still be useful?

- Not familiar with Medialight but I've used a knock off ambilight in the past but quickly got over it.

UHD discs all the way. Your HT SQ can be heavily influenced by the quality of your source.

I also see that many latest UHD releases are not available in India and if so, are very expensive.
I sold my PS5 so don't have a Blu ray player anymore. Is the SQ that different even if you download a REMUX movie?

i) Was thinking about getting the Nvidia Shield Pro for the longest time but the fact that it came out in 2019 puts me off. Also, does it come with a US power adapter? Will it work here?
Its still the best media player out there for OTT and local content

The power adapter works for 100 - 240v so there should be no issues.

These are a few things I bought from the US last time:
1. NVIDIA Shield TV Pro 4K - adapter works in India
2. Sony UBP-X800M2 - adapter works in India
3. 4k UHD Bluray discs

When setting up a home theater, consider grabbing essential accessories from the US for an immersive experience. Opt for quality HDMI cables to ensure seamless connectivity between devices. Invest in a universal remote for convenient control of all components. Don't forget to include a power surge protector to safeguard your equipment from electrical fluctuations. These accessories will enhance your home theater setup and elevate your viewing pleasure.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back