Home Theater Receiver & Speakers

Hi again mreddyj...

1. Yeah even my marantz heats up quiet a bit. I have it inside a cabinet, which is actually a tight fit without much head room. So I have to keep the cabinet door open for cooling.

2. You can settle for normal HT speakers designed for surround duties. Really don't need to spend on high quality book shelves for rear or surround duties. Besides depending on your room and setup, bookshelves need room around them to perform well, where as dedicated HT surround speakers are designed to work well in close proximity to walls or even when mounted on a wall.

So better to spend on quality book shelves just for LCR.

I have qacoustics concept 40's + concept centre running from the marantz sr6011. I really love this combination both for movies and music. I would strongly urge you to audition an combination of qacoustics concept 20 + concept centre for your main front LCR. And there is a concept 20 pair in black presently for sale in our ' for sale by owners' section. I think the seller wants 25 k for them. Add another concept centre speaker in Balck for 29k from Amazon India, and you will have a great sounding system.

Hi again mreddyj...

1. Yeah even my marantz heats up quiet a bit. I have it inside a cabinet, which is actually a tight fit without much head room. So I have to keep the cabinet door open for cooling.

2. You can settle for normal HT speakers designed for surround duties. Really don't need to spend on high quality book shelves for rear or surround duties. Besides depending on your room and setup, bookshelves need room around them to perform well, where as dedicated HT surround speakers are designed to work well in close proximity to walls or even when mounted on a wall.

I have qacoustics concept 40's + concept centre running from the marantz sr6011. I really love this combination both for movies and music. I would strongly urge you to audition an combination of qacoustics concept 20 + concept centre for your main front LCR. And there is a concept 20 pair in black presently for sale in our ' for sale by owners' section. I think the seller wants 25 k for them. Add another concept centre speaker in Balck for 29k from Amazon India, and you will have a great sounding system.

Thanks @newlash09 good to know about the heating issue so that i can design the cabinet accordingly. ok concept 20 seems interesting, have you got a chance to see what difference between 3020i and concept 20 ? i did see c20 as "a step higher" but price wise i am not sure if its worth the difference, please let me know the difference and if its really good then i might go with c20s. and the centre channel too.

Friends,
One of the dealer is offering the Marantz SR 6012 for a pretty good deal and its little unbelievable too, but he is not going to include GST, now will this cover warranty ? & even including GST it will be 10k more, can i go with this deal? i did not want to reveal the price in forum, but though its tempting i am being little cautious . Please advise

Hi Folks,

Posting this here as I haven received enough inputs on other threads (Marantz owners). Tjhis post has a few additional inputs based on past few days research as well & hence appended those too.

I currently have 2 channel stereo setup. Pretty simple at that. Marantz PM6004 paired with an upgradef FS the Q accoustic 3050 and believe me I am enjoying every minute of(sec!) over the past Paradigm FS Mon V6 the 4 drivers version, which was picked up on sale by a fellow FM. Along the way I added a maverick Tube magic D2 and also WD live hub TV, which is now outdated with no YouTube support now.

Recently I came across a Marantz product which caught my instant interest, the network player NR1508 5.2 with amazing network integration capabilities! Now I feel the urge to upgrade and being with Marantz for the past 6 years, it's now I am sort of blinded and obsessed with it remarkable build & sonic quality. I am told that the sound output is no comparison to Integrated amps. Hence i will still need to retain my PM6004 for playing music
My need is now clearly to upgrade with an online streaming source be it music or video and also add on the surrounds for a superior cinematic experience. Basically a one stop integrated and wire free network for playing from any offline or online source.

My room setup is 26 x 15'.

I have some good options now. Started off looking for NR1508 primarily due to the great Hifi mart offer price. Now have the following brand new options:

1. SR 5012
2. NR1608 / or even 1609 (with alex voice included)
3. A just landed Pioneer LX 303
OR any others ?

Surround speakers Whardale wh-DFS,
Atmos - Wharf PAcfic W170 (but dont know how to wire them on the ceiling, I have a partial circular false ceiling strip primarily for diffused lighting. Rest is all bare wall hence may have to use the wall

Room size is about 26 x 15 x 9,(H)

Considering my present setup which I donot plan to continue using, Please suggest:

1. Which AVR do I go for. Budget range can extend to 70-80K now? Keep in my existing FS are of 100W RMS
2. Surround & Center speakers ?

& any other suggestions ?

Friends,
One of the dealer is offering the Marantz SR 6012 for a pretty good deal and its little unbelievable too, but he is not going to include GST, now will this cover warranty ? & even including GST it will be 10k more, can i go with this deal? i did not want to reveal the price in forum, but though its tempting i am being little cautious . Please advise
What is the quoted price?

You have posted your query on an other FM thread..

Now I feel the urge to upgrade and being with Marantz for the past 6 years, it's now I am sort of blinded and obsessed with it remarkable build & sonic quality.

Change is good ;)..

3. A just landed Pioneer LX 303

Compared to other AVR's, this is 9.2 AVR.. Gives you the flexibility of adding more overhead speakers.. What is the price here?..

OR any others ?

Onkyo TX NR 787, almost identical to Pioneer LX 303..

For speakers, look for the one's with mount thread capability.. Easy to install any location with compatible brackets..

Change is good ;)..

Compared to other AVR's, this is 9.2 AVR.. Gives you the flexibility of adding more overhead speakers.. What is the price here?..

For speakers, look for the one's with mount thread capability.. Easy to install any location with compatible brackets..
pm'd you

Change is good ;)..

PM'd you on 303

Ok here is my speakers and sub that I have finalised please let me know if you have any comments

1) concept 20 bookshelf’s
2) concept centre channel speakers
3) here the vendor is suggesting to go with 3020 but I am thinking if I really need those expensive ones or if I should go with Wharfedale wh-dfs surround which would cost me 10 k less. Experts please need help here.
4) atmos I need something that has a box with inclined angle since I am not planning on false ceilings. Please suggest me something that goes well with 6012
5) BIC America PL200ii

Thanks

Ok here is my speakers and sub that I have finalised please let me know if you have any comments

5) BIC America PL200ii

Thanks

These are fine if you liked them..

3) here the vendor is suggesting to go with 3020 but I am thinking if I really need those expensive ones or if I should go with Wharfedale wh-dfs surround which would cost me 10 k less.

Look for any speaker that has wall mount capability.. If wharfedale dfs has it & suits your budget, then go for it..

4) atmos I need something that has a box with inclined angle since I am not planning on false ceilings. Please suggest me something that goes well with 6012

If you dont have false ceiling, then doing a enclosure for ceiling speaker & mounting them to ceiling is time consuming task..

Settle for any small speaker like Polk OWM3/5 for heights.. These have threaded mount capability, so you can mount using external brackets (MX Brand) from ceiling and tilt towards your listening position..

Hi again mreddyj...

Reference yr point no 1, even mine was similar, my Yamaha AV used to heat up, I installed a small exhaust fan below AV, when door closed u can’t hear Fan noise.

3) here the vendor is suggesting to go with 3020 but I am thinking if I really need those expensive ones or if I should go with Wharfedale wh-dfs surround which would cost me 10 k less. Experts please need help here.
5) BIC America PL200ii

Thanks
Reference point no 4, I suggest SVS elevation, it’s angled & some Rave reviews everywhere.

Back