Home Theater Setup for a dedicated Home theater room

vinay9230

Hi All,

I am new to this community and i am looking for suggestions from the fellow members on setting up a home theater system for a dedicated home theater room.

I always dreamt of having a separate home theater room to experience theater like movie watching at home and now the time has come to make that dream a reality.

My parents are constructing a home in Bangalore and they have a left a dedicated room for setting up home theater and the dimension of the room is 19 * 18 (approx)
Wall construction of the home is complete and now the electrician is working on setting up the electric pipelines.

I am planning to setup a dolby atmos 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup, with a projector and screen. The plan is to create the skeleton ready for the home theater while the home is being constructed, and the purchase and setting up of the home theater components will be done 1 year down the line.

I am looking for suggestions on below from fellow members who have similar setup in their home

1) What should be the wiring layout/setup for wall mount speakers, roof mount speakers, projector and rear speakers, which needs to be completed before plastering.

2) Since the room is big, i am going for 2 rows of recliner seats, and i have asked my parents to setup a step for the second row. What should be the height and width of the step

3) I believe acoustic panels will be setup post plastering and nothing for it has to be done now, so i am not worried about it.

4) Are there any home theater professionals in Bangalore, who can help in planning these things better

5) Is there anything else i should be worried?

Please let me know if this is not the right thread for this question, so i will post it appropriately.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @vinay9230, I am in the process of setting up my top floor 22 X 17 room (Pics attached). I am going in for hidden speakers behind the screen and configuration is 7.2.2 with 2 rows of sitting, 3 couches in the front and 3 recliners in the back stepped row. IndiqAudio from bangalore is helping me to setup everything. What started as a 2 channel requirement swelled into dedicated HT. The progress is halted as I had to travel abroad last month and stuck up there due to flight cancellation. Hope to be back in April and get work resumed. For more details please PM me

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 10.27.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 10.27.58.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 116
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 10.27.59 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-06 at 10.27.59 (1).jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 115
There are lots of HT installers in bangalore. You need to have the plug points listed based on your location for AVR subwoofer, Projector etc. so that the privision can be made. You need to also have the conduits done for speaker wiring. Better to take help for some of the installers like IndiqAudio, Profx, HTmart etc.

Hi All,

I am new to this community and i am looking for suggestions from the fellow members on setting up a home theater system for a dedicated home theater room.

I always dreamt of having a separate home theater room to experience theater like movie watching at home and now the time has come to make that dream a reality.

My parents are constructing a home in Bangalore and they have a left a dedicated room for setting up home theater and the dimension of the room is 19 * 18 (approx)
Wall construction of the home is complete and now the electrician is working on setting up the electric pipelines.

I am planning to setup a dolby atmos 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup, with a projector and screen. The plan is to create the skeleton ready for the home theater while the home is being constructed, and the purchase and setting up of the home theater components will be done 1 year down the line.

I am looking for suggestions on below from fellow members who have similar setup in their home

1) What should be the wiring layout/setup for wall mount speakers, roof mount speakers, projector and rear speakers, which needs to be completed before plastering.

2) Since the room is big, i am going for 2 rows of recliner seats, and i have asked my parents to setup a step for the second row. What should be the height and width of the step

3) I believe acoustic panels will be setup post plastering and nothing for it has to be done now, so i am not worried about it.

4) Are there any home theater professionals in Bangalore, who can help in planning these things better

Please let me know if this is not the right thread for this question, so i will post it appropriately.

Thanks in advance!
There are individual installers and home theater dealers based installers. The second category makes sense when you are picking equipments from them. A lot depends upon the budget.

If you are engaging a professional, then they will handle most of the acoustics as well as electrical and other issues. A lot of installers would also go with their favourite equipment which may not be necessarily good
For ex. a friend of mine went to DNI, so he sold him everything from Focal as they are the dealers. Not bad, but you should know what you are getting into.

Hi @vinay9230, I am in the process of setting up my top floor 22 X 17 room (Pics attached). I am going in for hidden speakers behind the screen and configuration is 7.2.2 with 2 rows of sitting, 3 couches in the front and 3 recliners in the back stepped row. IndiqAudio from bangalore is helping me to setup everything. What started as a 2 channel requirement swelled into dedicated HT. The progress is halted as I had to travel abroad last month and stuck up there due to flight cancellation. Hope to be back in April and get work resumed. For more details please PM me
Wow. This is huge.
I have seen another IndiqAudio dedicated HT room build in my friend’s cousins house in Tumkur and they have done a fantastic job. The end to end integration made by them is world class.
Had been there during the final day of installation and took some pics.
69BCE166-6F77-4B4E-80B5-4A92CFDBC449.jpeg
69BCE166-6F77-4B4E-80B5-4A92CFDBC449.jpeg77131E3B-22F0-4BA8-BCBF-5151C8F4A8E6.jpeg

Attachments

• E3557B14-EDD9-4C4B-A58F-F66A36A06D9C.jpeg
    E3557B14-EDD9-4C4B-A58F-F66A36A06D9C.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 73
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Hi Vinay,
Congratulations on your new home!!
+1 for IndiqAudio as suggested by other FM's.I have seen their designs,they are seamless and well built.
Their customer approach is very good and are transparent in every step.
I am nowhere associated with IndiqAudio but just a happy customer of them.
All the best for your search!!

@Pratyush J Thanks for the reply. Thats a pretty big room for a home theater. Have you created any thread, would love to follow your progress. Also, if possible can you share with me, how much IndiqAudio is charging you for the setup, so that i will get an idea.

@mshifi Thank you for the recommendations, will contact them for the quotations, any idea how much they may charge for consultation approximately

@sud98 Thank you for the heads up, i will be careful with them. Do you know of any individual installers, since i will be setting up my Home theater progressively, want to keep them as an option.

@Prodigy That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics.

@NewBee2020 Thank You! will definitely check them out.

You should hit up Sridhar from ARN Systems on MM Road. He's more on the stereo side of things but I am sure he can guide you in the right direction for home theatre. Thing to check is if he is still in the business of dealing with Hi Fi. I was talking to ARN over 5 years ago when I was stereo shopping.

@Pratyush J Thanks for the reply. Thats a pretty big room for a home theater. Have you created any thread, would love to follow your progress. Also, if possible can you share with me, how much IndiqAudio is charging you for the setup, so that i will get an idea.

@mshifi Thank you for the recommendations, will contact them for the quotations, any idea how much they may charge for consultation approximately

@sud98 Thank you for the heads up, i will be careful with them. Do you know of any individual installers, since i will be setting up my Home theater progressively, want to keep them as an option.

@Prodigy That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics.

@NewBee2020 Thank You! will definitely check them out.
@vinay9230 haven't jotted my HT journey. Got exhausted in putting down my stereo one :). Overall their acoustics package cost was 30-40% cheaper than the next best. Projector Epson 9400, Avr 6015 cost was similar as others. Since I bought their speakers and amp after lot of research and audition so there was no question of going for something else. The other good thing about them is they don't charge for profile lights seperately, it is included in acoustics price, still it was cheaper than others. Would suggest you talk to them and explore.

Wow. This is huge.
I have seen another IndiqAudio dedicated HT room build in my friend’s cousins house in Tumkur and they have done a fantastic job. The end to end integration made by them is world class.
Had been there during the final day of installation and took some pics.
View attachment 55800
View attachment 55800View attachment 55801
This looks like an 100% absorptive, dead room.. which isn't recommended for home theatres by any standards.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back