Home theater suggestion up to 30k

Pragya

Hello! I wanted to buy a home theater below are my choices
1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg
My main purpose is watching full hd blu rays
I want value for money setup and i won't be changing stock speakers of yamaha as of now
Any more ht suggestion then tell me
Btw i have a sony x9500g tv
Any advice on best sound quality of above three

Last edited:
1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg
I want value for money setup and i won't be changing stock speakers of yamaha as of now
If audio quality is important you need to avoid Sony HTIB. Haven’t heard LG but m sure it is going to be similar. But for 30k that’s all you can get. If you can increase your budget by another 10-13k get the Yamaha YHT 3072 which will be good for a small room.

1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg
If u want pre-owned yht 1840. U can DM me

1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg

Only one suggestion.Don't buy a cheap home theatre. It's not worth it and
1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg

Just a suggestion don't buy a home theatre below 1 lakh. It won't be worth it and you won't get a true surround movie experience. Instead save money and build in parts. I am doing the same I just bought reciever and tower speakers and rest will buy slowly to build a 5.1.2 Atmos home theatre.

I used to own a onkyo 7.1 home theatre package and it was no way close to a true 7.1 system. Was just a waste of money.

If you don't won't to pay high then you can go for Polk T5 series speaker for 50-60 K (2 tower, 1 center, 1 sub, 2 surround) and buy a used reciever for 10-15K. This will sound much better than any system below 50K.

If you want good sound quality and not overshoot budget by a lot, consider Samsung R650 and then additonal rear speakers. They might launch those here with 2020 product line. If not, then you can order from Amazon.com. It will sound better than cheap home theater in a box.

Only one suggestion.Don't buy a cheap home theatre. It's not worth it and

Just a suggestion don't buy a home theatre below 1 lakh. It won't be worth it and you won't get a true surround movie experience. Instead save money and build in parts. I am doing the same I just bought reciever and tower speakers and rest will buy slowly to build a 5.1.2 Atmos home theatre.

I used to own a onkyo 7.1 home theatre package and it was no way close to a true 7.1 system. Was just a waste of money.

If you don't won't to pay high then you can go for Polk T5 series speaker for 50-60 K (2 tower, 1 center, 1 sub, 2 surround) and buy a used reciever for 10-15K. This will sound much better than any system below 50K.

You can also check this Hifimart deal. Its the same company who runs this forumn.

YHT 1840 is a good performer in that price range. It has a passive sub so you might have to buy a sub amplifier. The amp circuits are available in Amazon.

Any HiFi brand HTIB will be decent if u want to stick to your budget like Onkyo, Yamaha, demon, Klipsch etc. Sony lg Samsung don't qualify.

Many people don't know what they want so they start safe with HTIB. Later they end up buying more expensive set up losing money and most important time.

So, the best advice I've got in my persuit of HT build is to go demo some HiFi brands HTs including HTIB that will give you a perspective of what you really want before you make a move. Believe ur ears for sound and no advice.

I started with HTIB myself and ended up with much more expensive set up but when I look back I'm very proud today of what I have and enjoy it to the fullest.

1 sony bdv e3200
2 sony ht s500rf
3 yamaha yht 1840
4 lg sl8yg

I am using YHT 1840 for the last few months. The performance is quite decent. The Sub is passive so you might have to buy a Sub amplifier. You can find a lot of good Amp circuits in Amazon.

buy sony 9200.. its got magnetic fluid speakers which sound better than dumb polk speakers.. if you setup it up right.. also its got wireless speakers.. with auto calibration.. just add amplifier to its sub .. avoid polk speakers.. very muddy sound.. sony 950g + sony 9200 is the best combo ..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back