Home theater system < 30k

nangal.vivek

I want to buy a new home theater system with the following requirements:

• Should be 5.1
  • Price in the range 20k - 30k
  • Will use for movies and music. No gaming

I already have a Sony DAV-TZ 145 but it sounds awful.
I am very new to this. Will I need a A/V Receiver initially or I can buy it afterwards? I don't wan't to buy a HTiB as I would like to upgrade individual components later.

Thanks in advance.

Since you have already used HTIB you know its limitations and upgradability issues.

Yes to start you need an AVR and front speakers. But you have to up your budget as the entry level AVR will cost 25k - 30k+.

If you can get a used HTIB from the likes of Onkyo and Yamaha it will serve your purpose nicely.

The Yamaha YHT-299 will also do very nicely.

Do note most HTIBs will not decode Dolby Atmos and DTS X.

Hi Vivek,

Go and audition different systems which have separate AVRs, speakers and players...carry your music and review the performance and shortlist what can fit your budget....

There are a lot of dealers in Delhi and so you should make a trip there and check the various brands and models out......there is competition and so you can bargain.....

Don't rush, evaluate, shortlist models that meet your expectations.....check and then finalise.....

You might have to bump up the price to 35k....onkyo HTS 3500 is a good entry level system, best bang for buck!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I want to buy a new home theater system with the following requirements:

• Should be 5.1
  • Price in the range 20k - 30k
  • Will use for movies and music. No gaming

I already have a Sony DAV-TZ 145 but it sounds awful.
I am very new to this. Will I need a A/V Receiver initially or I can buy it afterwards? I don't wan't to buy a HTiB as I would like to upgrade individual components later.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
You can pretty much upgrade the components even with a good HtiB in a place!
Go for the entry level Onkyo/Yamaha and you won't be disappointed!
You can PM me if you need dealer sourcing help in Delhi/NCR, I've been through almost all the dealers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back