Home theater

pbananth

hi,
i like to purchase a new hometheatre system.
budget upto 2l to 3l.
I should hear veena/guitar strings clearly..
kindly help me to narrow down two to three system.(seperate AVR and speakers also).
i am now owning ONKYO 3100.
thanks..

Try to audition the following and decide
AVR -Marantz or Denon or Yamaha .There are higher end receivers like NAD ,Anthem which is having good reviews on music .If your more interested towards music you can check that too.But check with your budget.
Speakers - Dali ikon or Dali Zensor 5/3/1 or KEF q300 or q acoustics 20

You have not indicated whether it is a dedicated room or a mixed use. Also what is the room area in Sq. feet?
If you have less than 200 sq.ft then it is better to go for bookshelf speakers with stands which will ensure that they do not over-run your space.

If you have larger rooms then floor-standers maybe a better option. Again some bookshelves have been known to sound well in somewhat larger rooms.

This is from my listening experience and were in my shortlist, others may have different ideas.

Floorstanders: Go for Dali Zensor 7 (under 70k/pair) or Jamo C97 (1L/PAIR) or Tannoy XT6F (1.4L/PAIR) or PSB X2T (1L/PAIR)
AVR: Denon X3200W (around 90k) or Marantz 6010 (90K) or Anthem MRX 510 (1.5 L and above)
Subwoofer: Dali (45k), SVS (40K and above), Velodyne (45k and above), PSB Subseries 200 (45K and above)

Last edited:
Hi pbananth

Would suggest you try to audition Definitive Technology Studio 55 Bookshelf and SVS subwoofer along with Marantz or NAD amplifier or AVR.....

PSB & Dalis are also good....key is to audition them and decide.....

Hi

PSBs look at the Imagine series and decide which appeals to you in performance and appearance......

Dalis - Zensor series....

PSB Imagine T3 series cost 5.5l/pair, X2T would be suitable for your budget.

360 SQ.ft is a decent area to use floorstanders.

Audition all good recommendations with your favourite choice of songs and decide.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back