Home theatre confusion ?

k_paramesh82

Hi All,

I am planing to buy home theatre.my budget around 40k.I am in confusion which company and modal is good for listening music.I want high bass sound.( 70% music+30% movie).I am looking home theatre along with Amplifier.I knew Sony,JBL(harman kardon),yamaha,onkyo, pioneer company names.but I dont know which company is good and best for music.now I am using Edifier 5.1 system.that is fine.but I am looking for more quality sound system.please any one suggestion me.

Hi Paramesh,

Its not clear whether you need a cd/dvd player as well. But I am assuming you have it already and just want one amplifier (AVR) and speakers.

Now, since your requirement is mainly for music, you can go for Denon 1312 model AVR (around INR 21000). Then add some good bookshelf speakers worth 20-25K to go with it.

For speakers, I would suggest Polk audito TSi 200, Energy take classi 5.1, wharfedale diamond 9 series etc to go with denon.

If you want floorstanding speakers, there are some good deals for Wharfedale verdus in this website (hifimart).

But for all these, you have to auditon them and choose the one which suits your taste.

Good luck!

Hi All,

I am planing to buy home theatre.my budget around 40k.I am in confusion which company and modal is good for listening music.I want high bass sound.( 70% music+30% movie).I am looking home theatre along with Amplifier.I knew Sony,JBL(harman kardon),yamaha,onkyo, pioneer company names.but I dont know which company is good and best for music.now I am using Edifier 5.1 system.that is fine.but I am looking for more quality sound system.please any one suggestion me.

Hi, for music you best best would be to go in for a stereo amp + bookshelf speakers. That will give you better sound than any cheap 5.1 systems.

However, if you still feel the need for a 5.1 setup more for music then a Marantz receiver would be the best choice. Pair that with a 5.1 satellite speaker system and you are done!!! Marantz works well for music better than other receivers.

Another option would be to get the Marantz receiver and pair them with 2 bookshelf speakers for now. You can then build up your system to a full 5.1 system speaker by speaker. This would give you a much better performance than budget satellite speaker systems.

The first step is to spend some time and audition some of the gear that you named. Once you do that you will get a better understanding of what you like and what you dislike.

Hi, for music you best best would be to go in for a stereo amp + bookshelf speakers. That will give you better sound than any cheap 5.1 systems.

However, if you still feel the need for a 5.1 setup more for music then a Marantz receiver would be the best choice. Pair that with a 5.1 satellite speaker system and you are done!!! Marantz works well for music better than other receivers.

Another option would be to get the Marantz receiver and pair them with 2 bookshelf speakers for now. You can then build up your system to a full 5.1 system speaker by speaker. This would give you a much better performance than budget satellite speaker systems.
I never heared this Marantz company name,is it avialable in INDIA(bangalore).I came to knw that Yamaha and Hardon/kardon is good.

I never heared this Marantz company name,is it avialable in INDIA(bangalore).I came to knw that Yamaha and Hardon/kardon is good.

Marantz and Denon make some of the best receivers. I prefer the sound of Marantz and Denon. For music Marantz works really well. Marantz also might cost a bit more than the others. Suggest to demo and then decide.
Marantz US | AV Receivers

may be Marantz is good.whether this one is available in INDIA or not?and give me the modal name.and suggest me speakers company name also(5.1 audio).

thanks.

may be Marantz is good.whether this one is available in INDIA or not?and give me the modal name.and suggest me speakers company name also(5.1 audio).

thanks.

Marantz is one of the top names in audio and is definitely available in India. Have a look at the pricing: Marantz

Remember to always demo the system before you buy. Speakers sound different with different receivers.

Last edited:
AVR or audio video receiver does three main functions - Act as a switch, decode various audio formats, amplifier.

1. AVR can accept both video and audio inputs from your devices like dvd player, dth stb etc. and outputs to TV. Most common input connection is HDMI which can carry both audio and video over a single cable. Other video inputs include composite and component. In the audio front, it can accept analog stereo input, digital optical and coaxial inputs. Most of the current AVRs have atleast 4 HDMI inputs, a couple of AV and component inputs. Some receivers like denon 1612 has only one optical and coaxial digital input where as some yamaha models have two of them. 5.1 analog input is not available in most of the current AVRs.

2. Older AVRs can decode only Dolby Digital and DTS while the latest ones can decode HD audio like Dolby TruHD and DTS HDMA also. They also support 3D signal passthrough.

3. AVRs also have built in amplifier. Most common types are 5.1 and 7.1. The subwoofer out (.1) is usually not powered and you will need a powered or active subwoofer for that. Some AVRs like Onkyo 3400/3500 has builtin amp for subwoofer also. Usually active subwoofer is recommended. With Onkyo 3400/3500 you can't upgrade to a better subwoofer later.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back