Home Theatre for 75K

sydney

Im looking for a Home theatre system. I would like to start with the front speakers and a good AV receiver for about 60-75K. Please suggest some options in Bangalore.

Have taken a demo at profx of :
1. Denon 1910 receiver
2. Polk Audio TSi 400

The cost is around 75K.

Please advice

You need to consider a few things:
a) What is your preference or %s of music n movies?
b) Do you plan to spend more in the long term and slowly build your system? If yes, go for AVR + 2.0/2.1 now and complete the rest of 5.1 as and when you have budget in hand.
c) What is your room size and can you locate floor-standers away from walls?

Audition and grab a Yamaha-663 AVR while they are still available. The latest one in this series (665) is not as preferred as the 663 is. Q-Acoustics 5.1 package goes well with the 663. You will get more options from the gurus here, based on the answers to the above ?s.

Please find the answers below:-

a) What is your preference or %s of music n movies?

Music - 60% & Movies - 40%

Music : Soft Rock, Instrumental, Fusion

b) Do you plan to spend more in the long term and slowly build your system?
If yes, go for AVR + 2.0/2.1 now and complete the rest of 5.1 as and when you have budget in hand.

Plan to invest in a 2.0 + AVR now and then build the system later

c) What is your room size and can you locate floor-standers away from walls?

Room size : 11' x 15'

Can locate Floorstander at a distance of 1ft from the wall

Is a Denon 1610 or 1910 AVR advisable?

Goto Audio Planet behind BDA complex Koramangala

Audition the Cambridge Audio 540R or 640R(very good audio & video capability unlike other AVRs)

along with the Mordaunt Short Avant series floorstanders ie or if you are lucky ask for the new Aviano series if its available audition those .the guys there are very helpful once you tell them your requirements they would help you out

Also goto ARN systems Frazer town can audition Marantz AVR with Usher or Dali or Monitor AUdio bookshelves as fronts.

Goto Vector systems near Brigade road behind st.patricks church for Marantz AVR with forum favourite Wharfedale speakers both the 9 series and the new 10 series would be available.

Audition these by this weekend and I think you would be well on your way.

take your CD's or DVDs with you and play the same stuff at all the places to know the difference

Cheers
Rem

You can audition Mission 34 or 45 FSs and Q-Acoustics 5.1 set. Add the Polks that you mentioned to the list. Go thru some of the threads in the speakers section, which will you help in short-listing more.

Here are my 2 cents and I've personally set this up in a couple of places too.

Yamaha 663 or 863 and Q-Acoustics 1010 5.1 package. You can add 2 FS which will make the music even better. This will be a good all rounder package.

If you really want to concentrate on music then you can setup a pretty good system for the said budget minus a source. My recommendation is to use a PC for the source if at all possible.

Back