Home theatre setup, have a 49nch tv, Audio setup needed

Singularity

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a home theatre system (audio), I have an LG 49 inch tv and apple tv.

Usage - TV shows netflix/prime (daily), HD movies (weekends) and music (every now and then)

My knowledge is really limited on home surround systems, as of now I've been thinking of the Bose soundtouch 300 (immediately) and the accoustimass 300 bass module ( 6 to 7 months down the line). But Bose is too expensive and what irks me is it's even more expensive in India (45k in the US, 70k here for the same thing).

But I'm sure there are many options I do not know about. Current budget is 70 - 75k; ideally would like to finish the setup in this. Ideally it should be a clutter free system, minimal space.

If you want a complete package, Wharfedale DX-1SE + Pioneer VSX-524K will be in your budget.

But if you want to buy fronts, center, surrounds, sub separately then you can also do that. What's your room size ? By minimal space, you mean wall-mounting will be the best idea ?

My room size is around 220 sq. ft. (12 ft x 18ft approx), but this is also the main room where guests come, so I'd prefer speakers to blend in rather than be in your face.

I don't mind buying fronts, center, surrounds, sub separately, what would you recommend? Yes, wall mounting would be better!

Last edited:
Within above mentioned budget you must try classifieds section. Definitely you will get worthy equipments than entry-level. Pioneer VSX 830 is available for 30k . Please check and same for speakers.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Like he said above, Pioneer VSX-830 is available for 28K or so if you can negotiate a bit and it's in mint condition. As for speakers, you can get these :

Fronts : Dali Zensor 1 (~22K) / Q Acoustics 2020i (~23K) / Wharfedale Diamond 220 (~19K)
Center : Dali Zensor Vokal (~22K) / Wharfedale Diamond 220C (~16K)
Surrounds : Sonodyne Genie 1 (~9K) / OEM SE 420 (8.2K @ HifiMart)
Subwoofer : Taga Harmony TSW-120 v.2 (~20.5K)

You can buy all at once or you can take the 2.1 approach and then buy the other components as you go along.

Thank you Anubis, regarding AVR a lot of people generally in forums have been recommending the Denon x1300 or Yamaha RX-V581. How do I compare to go with the Denon or Pioneer or Yamaha? Price points seem to be similar?

And any idea where in Bangalore I can demo the speakers you've suggested? I know of ProFX; but where can I try / buy Dali, Wharfdale, Taga and Q Acoustics?

You can demo those AVRs at Pro-FX. You can ask them to hook up the AVRs to same speakers and you can compare.

You can audition Dali at Sound By Design, Gurgaon or Xsys Solutions, Karol Bagh.
Wharfedale at Bass N Treble, Ghitorni
Not sure if you can audition at TechnoGuru but they have Dali, Q Acoustics, Taga, Mission, Elac. They're located at Jasola Vihar (Elegance Tower) : 91 - 88110 34444

Oh - these places seem to be in Delhi / NCR - I'm looking for in Bangalore.

Could anyone help out with best places to demo and buy in Bangalore?

:lol: Sorry, I might've mixed up with someone else. In Bangalore, you can try one store where you can compare many speakers.

Wharfedale / Q Acoustics / Dali / Jamo / Mission / Taga / Polk : Home Theatre Store, JP Nagar, 80416 06384 / 80888 71000

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a home theatre system (audio), I have an LG 49 inch tv and apple tv.

Usage - TV shows netflix/prime (daily), HD movies (weekends) and music (every now and then)

My knowledge is really limited on home surround systems, as of now I've been thinking of the Bose soundtouch 300 (immediately) and the accoustimass 300 bass module ( 6 to 7 months down the line). But Bose is too expensive and what irks me is it's even more expensive in India (45k in the US, 70k here for the same thing).

But I'm sure there are many options I do not know about. Current budget is 70 - 75k; ideally would like to finish the setup in this. Ideally it should be a clutter free system, minimal space.

If you are mainly into video - ie not overtly into critical audio, I don't think you should get into the hassle of traditional separate 5.1 systems

Get a good quality soundbar + wireless subwoofer combo
(something like JBL Cinema SB-350)
Connect TV out to soundbar with optical SPDIF cable, place subwoofer in some corner of the room, and you are set

Traditional systems obviously sound better. But
1) They are more expensive for the full 5.1 system (from a well regarded brand)
2) Much more complicated to choose - if you read a few threads here, you would come across 10-15 brands of (good) speakers you should consider, matched with 3-4 AVR brands.
Then floorstanding or bookshelves ?
If bookshelves, get speaker stands or place on shelves/AV unit ?
Then which subwoofer?
etc
etc
3) If you go for the full 5.1 set, you have to take into account wiring to be done around the room for rear surrounds. Not clutter free for sure
4) Traditional systems are not really svelte, even the rear surrounds are chunky and will eat away a LOT of space in the room
(I think you mentioned it is a guest room as well)

So if you aren't audio purist, but want an upgrade in sound to match the big TV, get a good soundbar.

Soundbar quality has improved a lot over the years
Avoid the low price Phillips/Samsung/Sony you see in Cromas and Reliance Digitals and pick up something from the traditional speaker manufacturers like
JBL/Yamaha/Wharfedale/Boston Acoustics/Polk/Tannoy and many more

(all soundbars come with Bluetooth, so it has added convenience)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back