Home Theatre Speakers + AVR : Budget: <3L

artikle

Hi guys,
Looking to buy speakers and an AVR for the home theatre in my new house under construction. The usage will be mostly movies with occasional music. I'm hoping to go for a 5.1 system. The dimensions of the room are 22'6"X14'3". The budget is less than 3 lakhs for the speakers and AVR and I'm hoping to get the best bang(sound) for the buck :)
Right now I'm looking at the KEF Q Series based on unanimous praise everywhere:
Front: KEF Q700 X 2
Rear: KEF Q300 X 2
Centre: KEF Q600C
Sub: KEF Q400B or something from Velodyne(?)
AVR: YAMAHA RX-V675 but also looking at Marantz and Denon
What do you think of these? Any better suggestions? I don't want to spend money if better sound can be had for less. Of course, I know sound is personal and needs to be auditioned before buying, but I need to go to Hyderabad at least to do that( I will of course audition of shortlisting). Also please mention dealers of the suggestions you give. If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks :)

I too am in the same boat, looking for a home theater for my new house under-construction and have started auditioning for it.

Till date I have auditioned for Klipsch RF-42 II, Jamo S626, Paradigm, wharfedale diamond 100 speakers. Would want to look at KEF as well. But I think I have already shortlisted either Klispch or Jamo.

I dont know much about AVRs and Speakers so not in a position to recommend anything but would suggest you to audition Klipsch and Jamo once before you decide.

For AVR, I tried Onkyo, Marantz and Denon. Did not like Onkyo.
Loved Marantz and Denon for their clarity. Would like to try Yamaha.

My budget is 1 lac less than yours and the room size is also smaller.

Would like to know what are your thoughts for considering KEF?

All the best for your hunt of the home theatre setup and congrats on your new house.

I too am in the same boat, looking for a home theater for my new house under-construction and have started auditioning for it.

Till date I have auditioned for Klipsch RF-42 II, Jamo S626, Paradigm, wharfedale diamond 100 speakers. Would want to look at KEF as well. But I think I have already shortlisted either Klispch or Jamo.

I dont know much about AVRs and Speakers so not in a position to recommend anything but would suggest you to audition Klipsch and Jamo once before you decide.

For AVR, I tried Onkyo, Marantz and Denon. Did not like Onkyo.
Loved Marantz and Denon for their clarity. Would like to try Yamaha.

My budget is 1 lac less than yours and the room size is also smaller.

Would like to know what are your thoughts for considering KEF?

All the best for your hunt of the home theatre setup and congrats on your new house.

I started looking at KEF because I knew it was a good company and the models I looked at have excellent reviews everywhere and fit perfectly in my budget.

But now someone elsewhere suggested I get the MK Sound M series speakers with an amplifier from anthem and that guy says it would be at a far other level compared to what we are looking at.

You are at least in Mumbai, I need to go to Hyderabad if I need to audition anything big. Hey, if possible can you find out the pricing on the M series speakers and Anthem MRX510 AVR in Mumbai if you can because I can't find their pricing anywhere. Thanks. Good luck and congrats to you too :)

I hope someone replies here. Waiting for more relies :)

Hey, if possible can you find out the pricing on the M series speakers and Anthem MRX510 AVR in Mumbai

I will look for the price in Mumbai, meanwhile I was able to reach out to "The Audio People" (Audio People - See more. Hear more) in Hyderabad. He quoted 47K+ for a single MP7 speaker (MK Sound M Series). Will let you know for Anthem AVR if I get anything.

You can talk to Kishore @ 040-65797666 and he will let you know the pricing for a complete 5.1 setup. you will have to bear the transportation cost if you want it to be shipped to your place.

Hi Artikle,
Both Marantz and denon are good choices.. for speakers I would urge you to look at Dalis they are wonderful with both movies and music.
The 'zensor' series would fit in your budget and if you can stretch a little do give the Ikon series a run before you decide.

Cheers
Ravi

Hi guys,
I am myself looking for a HT solution, 50% movies and 50% music, budget is 1.25L approx. loved Yamaha rx v677 as AVR. Getting it for around 45 to 50k. My bedroom size is 18 x 11. Did not want to go in for tower speakers, But might upgrade in due course. After trying a few bookshelves, somebody recommended JBL control 1 and control now. I know control 1 is very old and not very expensive and nothing to look at but I was impressed. Thinking abt CONTROL NOW as centre. And 2 pieces control 1 and 2 pieces control now. I found music to be better in control 1 as front speakers and movies better in control now as front speakers. 2 control 1 and 3 control now costing approx 45 k. Stumped for subwoofer. Maybe paradigm pdr 100 costing approx 27 k. First time user. Please please help and comment.

I will look for the price in Mumbai, meanwhile I was able to reach out to "The Audio People" (Audio People - See more. Hear more) in Hyderabad. He quoted 47K+ for a single MP7 speaker (MK Sound M Series). Will let you know for Anthem AVR if I get anything.

You can talk to Kishore @ 040-65797666 and he will let you know the pricing for a complete 5.1 setup. you will have to bear the transportation cost if you want it to be shipped to your place.

Thanks for the number mate. Called them and asked for the prices. It is overshooting my budget but they seem to be great speakers :(
Prices:
M7 42K EACH
M5 29K EACH
M400 75K PAIR
SB8 75K
SB12 100K

So for me, it would be 3XM7, 2XM400, and either SB8 or SB12, which is crossing 3L :(

Marantz / Cambridge Audio / NAD would be good AVRs to drive the best of speakers available. You guys should try and audition as many speaker brands with your kind of music / movies so that you can then make an informed decision to buy the best speakers in terms of value and performance. Remember to keep after sales service in mind for spares / repairs etc. For speakers PSB Image, Wharfedale, Quads, Focals, Boston Acoustics are some brands you may want to check out!

All the best.....

Can anyone give me the prices for SVS Ultra series speakers and PB 2000, PB 12 and PB 1000 subs in India? Thanks :)

The Ultra speakers seems to have excellent reviews.

Friends, I am also looking for a home theatre. Somebody suggested me for focal sib & co 5.1 with focal sub air woofer and Nad 748 avr. As I am new to this. Kindly help me out with your valuable suggestions.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back