Home Theatre System within 1.2 L

shaleen11

HI,

I am a novice in HiFi music- was planning to purchase a Home Theatre system for my living room. Budget is 1.2 L ( little bit here and there is ok )

I was recommended Denon X1600 + Polk T series speakers by a professional. I liked the music during audition, however he used Denon 550Bt. He told that experience will be better with X1600. But the crispness in the music was pretty good. However, i wasn't impressed by instrumentals from it's rear bookshelf speakers. I probably need to play around with the settings ? Not sure.

The audition was given in a proper studio, so although it was impressive- i am sure it is going to be different in my living room. I was happy with the overall experience- especially the crispness of the bass

Another guy recommended Denon X1600+Taga Harmony 606v.3 + Taga subwoofer. I listened only to the front Tower speakers as the entire setup wasn't there. he also had Elac speakers for the similar price range- i didn't like it much as the sound appeared little muffled. However, i liked the instrumentals+crispness of the Taga 606v.3 tower speakers. the audition was given in a separate studio room but it didn't have much stuffing on the walls.

The third place i went only deals with costlier options and he didn't have the cheaper systems to demo. But he recommended Denon 550bt AVR+Polk T series.

Can any one help out with the above choices ? Taga Harmony 606v.3 vs Polt T series.

Rs 1.2 lacs is very decent budget.

Some thoughts :
- I would suggest that you consider the Polk RTi series or S series. Both are better than T series , and will fit in your budget
- My personal view - in a beginner HT system, floor standers are a waste. Get good bookshelves instead, and a good sub. Much better value
- Electronics prices are high right now, due to short supply. Else within yoru budget, you should have been able to get the next level Denon model ie. 2600H / 2700H

My suggested combo :
- Fronts : Polk RTi A1
- Centre : Polk CSi A4
- Surround : Polk FXi A4
- Sub : Polk DSW Pro 440 / HTS 10
- Receiver : Denon X2600H / 2700H

Ask ProFX Bangalore for a demo of this combo, and a good offer.

In my view, this is a really good value combo.

There are many brands and options.
Am sure others will also suggest alternate combos which are equally good value.

HI,

I am a novice in HiFi music- was planning to purchase a Home Theatre system for my living room. Budget is 1.2 L ( little bit here and there is ok )

I was recommended Denon X1600 + Polk T series speakers by a professional. I liked the music during audition, however he used Denon 550Bt. He told that experience will be better with X1600. But the crispness in the music was pretty good. However, i wasn't impressed by instrumentals from it's rear bookshelf speakers. I probably need to play around with the settings ? Not sure.

The audition was given in a proper studio, so although it was impressive- i am sure it is going to be different in my living room. I was happy with the overall experience- especially the crispness of the bass

Another guy recommended Denon X1600+Taga Harmony 606v.3 + Taga subwoofer. I listened only to the front Tower speakers as the entire setup wasn't there. he also had Elac speakers for the similar price range- i didn't like it much as the sound appeared little muffled. However, i liked the instrumentals+crispness of the Taga 606v.3 tower speakers. the audition was given in a separate studio room but it didn't have much stuffing on the walls.

The third place i went only deals with costlier options and he didn't have the cheaper systems to demo. But he recommended Denon 550bt AVR+Polk T series.

Can any one help out with the above choices ? Taga Harmony 606v.3 vs Polt T series.
HI can u PM me

HI,

Hi Few months back I was looking for AV receiver + Speakers around your same budget. I got Pioneer VSX LX 304 and was looking for 5.0 speaker package my options were Polk Audio Fusion T- Series, Pioneer SP-PK52FS ,TAGA Harmony TAV-606 SE . One my friends had Taga 606 SE and I loved it. Still I tried to audition pioneer an Polk as well and after much trying finally did listen to both for some music as well as for movies and for me the Polk T series was simply not good enough for the asking price. Pioneer SP-PK52 s and Taga 606SE... After some hearing sessions of music and movies I was tilted towards Taga 606 SE. When I wanted to purchase the 606SE was not available and the new model 607 had come brand new. So I auditioned the 607 and it is a tier above the 606 SE. The major upgrade I felt was the cross over network , the dynamics and the tweeter quality. So I brought Taga 607 5.0 package and have been using it for the last five months and overall I am more than happy with it's performance. The Tweeter produces clear highs without any harshness the speakers are overall laidback and easy to drive. The mids are clear and the lows are smooth and punchy. The transition of bass and panning effects during movies from one speaker to other is very smooth and precise. The 607 can easily hold its ground against much more expensive speakers for movie viewing experience. For 99% of music listeners the 607 is more than sufficient as it produces nice detailed, mids / highs / lows and no distortion even when driven quite hard. But if you are the 1% of the people who want super rich detailing then you may need to spend much more on higher priced speakers. This is my humble opinion and Taga 607 being the latest offering and successor to the excellent 606 SE , punches way above its weight and offers excellent value for money with the performance if offers which is a category above the 606 SE.

HI,

Excellent post. I recently spent 4 lakhs on two TVs - (3.5 after exchange). For my room I want a HT done as currently I have just a Sony HTRT3 which I can move to the hall TV. The HTRT3 was just an interim before I plunge into real HT.

I don't wish to go for audition during this pandemic time and have kept in mind going for Polk 5.1 +denon 550 online order for 37555+35990. But having bought the HTRT3 for 19k recently, I have just decided to go with it for atleast 6 months before I go for real HT. I am therefore trying to learn from this discussion board and decide whether to go for the online purchase or not.
I am not wanting to hijack this thread and therefore I just request forumers to answer my question too without diverging from the main topic. My question is if I am buying with Polk + denon 550, how different the experience would be from that of HTRT3?

Hi Few months back I was looking for AV receiver + Speakers around your same budget. I got Pioneer VSX LX 304 and was looking for 5.0 speaker package my options were Polk Audio Fusion T- Series, Pioneer SP-PK52FS ,TAGA Harmony TAV-606 SE . One my friends had Taga 606 SE and I loved it. Still I tried to audition pioneer an Polk as well and after much trying finally did listen to both for some music as well as for movies and for me the Polk T series was simply not good enough for the asking price. Pioneer SP-PK52 s and Taga 606SE... After some hearing sessions of music and movies I was tilted towards Taga 606 SE. When I wanted to purchase the 606SE was not available and the new model 607 had come brand new. So I auditioned the 607 and it is a tier above the 606 SE. The major upgrade I felt was the cross over network , the dynamics and the tweeter quality. So I brought Taga 607 5.0 package and have been using it for the last five months and overall I am more than happy with it's performance. The Tweeter produces clear highs without any harshness the speakers are overall laidback and easy to drive. The mids are clear and the lows are smooth and punchy. The transition of bass and panning effects during movies from one speaker to other is very smooth and precise. The 607 can easily hold its ground against much more expensive speakers for movie viewing experience. For 99% of music listeners the 607 is more than sufficient as it produces nice detailed, mids / highs / lows and no distortion even when driven quite hard. But if you are the 1% of the people who want super rich detailing then you may need to spend much more on higher priced speakers. This is my humble opinion and Taga 607 being the latest offering and successor to the excellent 606 SE , punches way above its weight and offers excellent value for money with the performance if offers which is a category above the 606 SE.
So you do rate Taga Harmony 606v3 over Polk T series ?

So you do rate Taga Harmony 606v3 over Polk T series ?
Based on my listening experience yes... The polk's tweeter is better than 606SE but over all the speaker dynamics and the bass transition and quality is far better is the taga. I suspect this has to do with the budget cutting done by Polk on the crossover and other internals. Taga being budget brand is using better crossover and internals that's the reason for this difference. you can compare 606SE with 607 where 607 is much more better in all aspects......

Max home theater chennai is clearing demo units. I have seen most of the below listed units and they are in pristine condition and well maintained. The xtz center,dali oberon 1 dali spektor 6 Dali Oberon 5 and polk s55 is a nice deal and you can negotiate further. I use the xtz center and its very good

Attachments

• B545A34F-E49B-4CDA-8FE9-4BF7C887C2BD.jpeg
    B545A34F-E49B-4CDA-8FE9-4BF7C887C2BD.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Rs 1.2 lacs is very decent budget.

Some thoughts :
- I would suggest that you consider the Polk RTi series or S series. Both are better than T series , and will fit in your budget
- My personal view - in a beginner HT system, floor standers are a waste. Get good bookshelves instead, and a good sub. Much better value
- Electronics prices are high right now, due to short supply. Else within yoru budget, you should have been able to get the next level Denon model ie. 2600H / 2700H

My suggested combo :
- Fronts : Polk RTi A1
- Centre : Polk CSi A4
- Surround : Polk FXi A4
- Sub : Polk DSW Pro 440 / HTS 10
- Receiver : Denon X2600H / 2700H

Ask ProFX Bangalore for a demo of this combo, and a good offer.

In my view, this is a really good value combo.

There are many brands and options.
Am sure others will also suggest alternate combos which are equally good value.

Thanks for your inputs. But, what you are suggesting will take my budget to 1.6L or even more.

Thanks for your inputs. But, what you are suggesting will take my budget to 1.6L or even more.

Ask for a quote. Negotiate. You may be surprised at the discounts possible.

Right now, prices are a bit high because of shortages. You may need to be patient.

If you have to compromise, I would suggest change to the Denon X1600, but retain better speakers.
Electronics will need to be replaced / upgraded from time to time. But speakers can easily last 20+ years. Hence try and buy the best speakers you can afford in your budget.

Just my view. Finally you need to balance your priorities and decide.

HI,

You can get Polk Audio

HI,

Can any one help out with the above choices ? Taga Harmony 606v.3 vs Polt T series
@shaleen11 , since you are in bangalore, you should audition IndiqAudio. They enjoy a huge fan following including me on this forum. Try to take step by step approach if budget is an issue

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back