Hometheatre suggestion according to layout(60k(initial))

Yoman!

Hey Guys,
I am new to this part of the forum, having recently purchased 55inch sony x9500g now I'm looking to slowly build a Ht system which suits my living room and also my needs, layouts are at the end of the post.
Q1) Is a 3.1 system enough for my needs? There isn't much space at the back for rears to be placed..and they can't be aligned too.
Q2) looking for a 2.0 initially then a 3.0 and then a 3.1. Is this appropriate?
Q3) Have been eyeing elac b6.2 bookshelfs....haven't tested them but the reviews are glowing. Open to speaker suggestions(25k-33k). Subwoofer is last on the list so not looking for too bright speakers..hence went with elacs.
Q4) want balanced speakers for music+movies. Music preferenceare:ghazals,bollywood chill, country, some intl artists like souad massi, Adriano Celentano, old hindi.
Q5) best avr to pair with elacs? Was eyeing denon x1500h. Have heard that audessyeq is useless in this as compared to x3500h? If I'm not getting any added benefit might as well go with denon 550bt?
Q6) denon avr 1500h doesn't do 4k passthrough. Does this mean I'll have to connect my ps4 or ps5 directly to the TV for 4k video? Also when I will output my game or movie sound on the ps through the HT...will my video again passthrough eARC to the receiver which could then hamper the 4k video?( Noob question)
Pictures
P.s: 1) the speaker position from the 3d has been changed...new one is shown in the elevation.
2) materials & room(refer to plan): french windows on the left, coffee table marble top, wooden panelling behind the tv, the passage on the left of TV is glass. Lot of woodwork.
Sorry for the long post but had to make it detailed so as to gain appropriate suggestions.
Any suggestion or modification is welcome..

Attachments

• view 1.JPG
    view 1.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20201012-232428.png
    Screenshot_20201012-232428.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20201012-232625.png
    Screenshot_20201012-232625.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 78
I'd really appreciate some response here!
I dont know if its still relevant but let me try to answer as much better as i can:-
1.Either go for a stereo amplifier which can give u more for the price of an av receiver.If you want more info reply and i can elaborate.
2.In this case u have to for sure go for minimum 5.1 receiver.I wud say aim for either stereo amplifier or a HT setup.
3.I had the same doubts.FOr music the elacs are good but have a look at the QAccoustics 3020i or 3030i that came recently.If money permits go for a full range tower speaker 2.0 arrangement.U wont regret it.
4.Qaccoustics wud be better for ur need.Elacs are said to not to be that great for dialogues but then again these vary from person to person.
5.for music yamaha or marantz is better.If u want to go for denon pls look at 2600 or above.

I dont know if its still relevant but let me try to answer as much better as i can:-
1.Either go for a stereo amplifier which can give u more for the price of an av receiver.If you want more info reply and i can elaborate.
2.In this case u have to for sure go for minimum 5.1 receiver.I wud say aim for either stereo amplifier or a HT setup.
3.I had the same doubts.FOr music the elacs are good but have a look at the QAccoustics 3020i or 3030i that came recently.If money permits go for a full range tower speaker 2.0 arrangement.U wont regret it.
4.Qaccoustics wud be better for ur need.Elacs are said to not to be that great for dialogues but then again these vary from person to person.
5.for music yamaha or marantz is better.If u want to go for denon pls look at 2600 or above.
Hey, thanks for your input!
Well a stereo amp would limit me to a 2.0, won't it? Is my room...even suited for a 5.1?(the door positioning makes me a skeptic) or a 3.1? In anycase.i will have to update eventually to an avr.
Was thinking of using the sony tv as a centre channel in the beginning since I feel.the sound for dialogues is kind of crisp for a tv!
Qacoustics noted!

Hey, thanks for your input!
Well a stereo amp would limit me to a 2.0, won't it? Is my room...even suited for a 5.1?(the door positioning makes me a skeptic) or a 3.1? In anycase.i will have to update eventually to an avr.
Was thinking of using the sony tv as a centre channel in the beginning since I feel.the sound for dialogues is kind of crisp for a tv!
Qacoustics noted!
Well a stereo amp would limit me to a 2.0, won't it?
Well Yes it would.
You are in the same situation that i am.I too dont have space at the back actually.And have been long thinking of what i should do having gotten rid of my Yamaha 685 not only due to this but some issues i have with the yamaha piece.
A stereo amp definitly would but you would get more quality out of it at the same price of an AVR.

Is my room...even suited for a 5.1?(the door positioning makes me a skeptic) or a 3.1?

Can you post me the current pic?I guess you should be able to.As per elevation 2 it looks ok but still just share a pic of the room setting.

In anycase.i will have to update eventually to an avr.

Yes obviously if you want to enjoy 5.1.

But on second thoughts if you dont want to splurge like buying a 2 channel stereo amplifier now and then moving it to your personal room for songs and buying an AVR down the line,then strictly stay with AVR.
Since you said movies+music stick with marantz or yamaha if your primary need is more music and Denon for movies.

You would have to think if smaller satellites at the back a bit higher and focussed or angled downwards can be done in some way.Am not sure but thats smthng to consider.By smaller satellites i mean say the 3010i of Qaccoustics.

Yup .Sony speakers are really gud but that doesnt suffice for a centre channel.It would be better if you go for a centre channel.

Hey Guys,
I am new to this part of the forum, having recently purchased 55inch sony x9500g now I'm looking to slowly build a Ht system which suits my living room and also my needs, layouts are at the end of the post.
Q1) Is a 3.1 system enough for my needs? There isn't much space at the back for rears to be placed..and they can't be aligned too.
Q2) looking for a 2.0 initially then a 3.0 and then a 3.1. Is this appropriate?
Q3) Have been eyeing elac b6.2 bookshelfs....haven't tested them but the reviews are glowing. Open to speaker suggestions(25k-33k). Subwoofer is last on the list so not looking for too bright speakers..hence went with elacs.
Q4) want balanced speakers for music+movies. Music preferenceare:ghazals,bollywood chill, country, some intl artists like souad massi, Adriano Celentano, old hindi.
Q5) best avr to pair with elacs? Was eyeing denon x1500h. Have heard that audessyeq is useless in this as compared to x3500h? If I'm not getting any added benefit might as well go with denon 550bt?
Q6) denon avr 1500h doesn't do 4k passthrough. Does this mean I'll have to connect my ps4 or ps5 directly to the TV for 4k video? Also when I will output my game or movie sound on the ps through the HT...will my video again passthrough eARC to the receiver which could then hamper the 4k video?( Noob question)
Pictures
P.s: 1) the speaker position from the 3d has been changed...new one is shown in the elevation.
2) materials & room(refer to plan): french windows on the left, coffee table marble top, wooden panelling behind the tv, the passage on the left of TV is glass. Lot of woodwork.
Sorry for the long post but had to make it detailed so as to gain appropriate suggestions.
Any suggestion or modification is welcome..
Hey Yoman!
I started off my journey as a 2.0 (Elac B6.2 + Denon 540Bt)and I think that’s a good way to start a HT set up.
Some mistakes that I did was not choosing the right AVR. For you to get the best out of Elac’s then I suggest you go for atleast D2600. They need some good power so that you can fully utilise the potential of that speaker.
If your preference is just movies, I would not go with the Elac’s for one reason and that’s to do with the quality of dialogue that it can deliver for movie watching is not that great. May be you can look for something that’s not too hard to drive and has good balance between HF/MF and a little bit of LF. I have not heard many bookshelf’s that can do this but I can comment on the ones that I have heard and liked.
1) IndiqAudio Custom Bookshelf’s
2) QAcoustics concept 20
3) Klipsch RP600
4) Elac B6.2. They are good but I did not like the Matching Center they have C6.2 as well as C5.2.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Som

@sand87ch @Prodigy thank you for the input! I went with elacs only because my last purchase would be a sub...so till then from what ive read elac is the best bet....my preference will be 60:40(movie:music).
If you are suggesting q acoustics...then deifinitely...I will add that to the list.
I won't go for a stereo cause it's better to spend 50k now on avr rather than spending on stereo now and avr later.. also I wanna use sony in built speakers as a centre channel(atleast initially)...
Q) most of the speakers are rated for an impedance at a particular wattage and most basic avrs also show 50W at 6ohms and stuff...if there is a link where it's explained then please kindly share it...like.how do you all know that basic denon won't be able to drive it.
Q) please post alternatives to denon x2600h from.other brands for me to get a comparative insight to.research upon..

Q) most of the speakers are rated for an impedance at a particular wattage and most basic avrs also show 50W at 6ohms and stuff...if there is a link where it's explained then please kindly share it...like.how do you all know that basic denon won't be able to drive it.
A) its just the power.A 8 ohm speaker will need less power to drive it and also there is sensitivity of the speakers to consider.you will be fine with a 6 ohm speaker but if your req is 60% movies i would suggest you seriously look into the qaccoustics 3030i if u plan to use bookshelfs as your front speakers.Thing is elacs are good but time and agian i have heard some saying that the dialogues are not that clear at low volumes but again i havent personally heard elacs.But qaccoustics are really good speakers in that range is what a home theatre assembling guy also sugeseted to me.

Q)please post alternatives to denon x2600h from.other brands for me to get a comparative insight to.research upon..

A)For movies denon is your best bet since u mentioned it as 60% of your req.yamaha and marantz are mainly for people who love music.but if interested you can look at the yamaha RX-V685 or the aventage RX-A1080,preferably the aventage.also is denon 2600 even available now in india.if they mention 2700 stay away from it as of now.It wud also be great if u can get a good deal in x3600h.have read very gud review on audiosciencereview and generally.for movies i will say denon and if possible x3600h at a good deal will be the best and then yamaha aventage RX-A1080.

edit:-
just noticed the part abt sub.ok so first dont choose speakers just because you want to substitute a sub as of now.Also since u mentioned this i will ask you to have a look at the newly launched qaccoustics 3030i.better then their smaller cousin 3020i but deeper bass.
also i have the polks S20 which i feel is good for movies but suck big time on music.qaccoustics 3030i is what i will take if i replace my polks for another set of front bookshelf speakers

Last edited:
I’ve also been planning to setup a HT in a budget as low as possible.
I’ve auditioned QAcoustics 3020i, 3090ci and 3010i as a 5.1 package and really liked it. Please guide me:

i. In a tight budget, is it the best available bookshelfs?

ii. Is 3030i or Concept series really worth the extra money, considering this is my 1st HT and lot of time in future to explore?

iii. Should I consider buying the subwoofer right now or just the bookshelfs would be fine and give sufficient bass? If yes, please suggest some budget friendly subwoofer options.

iv. In order to cut down on the budget, should I look at considering other cheaper surround speakers instead of 3010i? Room size being around 18x12, TV setup unfortunately in the left side corner of the room, and no space between sofa and rear wall, will have to suspend the speakers on side walls.

v. Last but not the least, my usage being 60% Movies and 40% Music, which AVR to go for? Experts here recommend Denon for movies and that too higher models which will increase the budget. Would Denon 550BT be sufficient to drive these QAcoustics speakers? If not, which model to atleast go for? And, dealer is recommending to go for Marantz 1509/1609, offering at 33k/45k very slightly negotiable, should I consider Marantz 1509 or Yamaha 5.1 channel AVR?

I’ve also been planning to setup a HT in a budget as low as possible.
I’ve auditioned QAcoustics 3020i, 3090ci and 3010i as a 5.1 package and really liked it. Please guide me:

i. In a tight budget, is it the best available bookshelfs?

ii. Is 3030i or Concept series really worth the extra money, considering this is my 1st HT and lot of time in future to explore?

iii. Should I consider buying the subwoofer right now or just the bookshelfs would be fine and give sufficient bass? If yes, please suggest some budget friendly subwoofer options.

iv. In order to cut down on the budget, should I look at considering other cheaper surround speakers instead of 3010i? Room size being around 18x12, TV setup unfortunately in the left side corner of the room, and no space between sofa and rear wall, will have to suspend the speakers on side walls.

v. Last but not the least, my usage being 60% Movies and 40% Music, which AVR to go for? Experts here recommend Denon for movies and that too higher models which will increase the budget. Would Denon 550BT be sufficient to drive these QAcoustics speakers? If not, which model to atleast go for? And, dealer is recommending to go for Marantz 1509/1609, offering at 33k/45k very slightly negotiable, should I consider Marantz 1509 or Yamaha 5.1 channel AVR?
3020i are good speakers but dont expect too much bass.u can do without a subwoofer at start.
3030i are the big brothers of 3020i and are pretty better at offering deeper bass.
marantz at these vosts u get slimline receivers.for movies denons are best and go for x2600h and above.they are better.however i doubt u will find these anywhere anymore.please dont take 550BT.
yamahas are good.but primarily lot of people say they are music based.but having used a yamaha i can say they are gud.
my suggestion instead if going all in build it slowly.buy a good avr and front left and rt speakers but good ones.
wait till u have money and then sub and centre and probably later down the line wenever u got money go for towers in front and move ur current speakers to surrounds

edit:-
if rear u dont have space then remeber these 3030i are real big.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back