Honda city Gxi Audio question

hrishig

Hi,

Can somebody help me by suggesting how to connect my ipod/ any other player to alpine music system which comes by default?

Any info with photos will be good

Thanks

Hi,

Can somebody help me by suggesting how to connect my ipod/ any other player to alpine music system which comes by default?

Thanks

You can connect using the AUX IN (if its there in the head unit) or with a FM transmeter.
I am not sure if the Factory fitted Alpine unit has a special connection to connect an Ipod

Hmm , there is no Aux in. Basically I am looking for the cable diagram for audio connectors which connect from behind in the alpine system. Some how I got the diagram for pionner but alpine is not very common in india.

Hmm , there is no Aux in. Basically I am looking for the cable diagram for audio connectors which connect from behind in the alpine system. Some how I got the diagram for pionner but alpine is not very common in india.

Alpine maybe does not sell as much as Pioneer but someone seeking a HU with good sound quality always prefers Alpine. The price factor makes it less preferred.
Visit a good installer in your city and I am sure he would be able to give you more details about your HU.
Also I hope Neo from the forum can give you some advice

Hi,

Thanks

Most alpine HU are i pod compatible.I'll need your HU model no.
Cheers

hi,
i too own a honda city gxi....in the users manual supplied along with the car stereo,you can see the compatible i pod connector model..there is an aux input in the alpine system, on the back side of the unit..but its a very very difficult work in getting the dashboard remove, and take the unit out since its mounted from inside.there are two rca connectors, for aux and subwoofer out..
RENJITH,
Trivandrum.

I got a cable from my local alpine dealer for RS. 650, now I can control my ipod
nano from the head unit.

Great. Can you give me the cable number / any photo for the same?

Also who has done the installation? I am planning to do it myself , so interested in knowing how to do this.

hi,
i too own a honda city gxi....in the users manual supplied along with the car stereo,you can see the compatible i pod connector model..there is an aux input in the alpine system, on the back side of the unit..but its a very very difficult work in getting the dashboard remove, and take the unit out since its mounted from inside.there are two rca connectors, for aux and subwoofer out..
RENJITH,
Trivandrum.

Great , your deck model is also CDE-9871EHI right?

Great. Can you give me the cable number / any photo for the same?

Also who has done the installation? I am planning to do it myself , so interested in knowing how to do this.

You will just have to plug the cable at the back of the HU like you connect any USB cable to a PC. But it will be a task removing the HU. So it would be prefered you get the job done by a good installer

I got a cable from my local alpine dealer for RS. 650, now I can control my ipod
nano from the head unit.

Even the Civic E has a Alpine system and there is no "Aux In"
Can you tell me how can I also get the Aux connected?

It would be a great help..

Ash

Hi electracafe,

I also have Honda City GXI Anniversary Model, and the HU is CDE-9871 EHI.
I wanted to connect my Mobile using Aux. I was able to find a cable that has 3.5 jack and it reads that it has to be connected on the rear of the unit. I tried doing it but it did not recognized... So would seek your help to know what was the cable no or any other details that can help....

Thanks,
Sachin.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back