Hooking up more speackers for multi room enhancement

edjamesx

I have a 7.1 a/v receiver. I want to hookup more channels from one or more of the channel out put in AVR so that i can extend speakers to more rooms to listen the music without using any additional amps.

My AVR has Speaker set A - 7.1 channel - in use, Speaker set B - 2 sterio out -already in use.

Say i need to add two more speakers to my bed room .

Is this possible and how do we achieve?.

Last edited:
My AVR has Speaker set A - 7.1 channel - in use, Speaker set B - 2 sterio out -already in use.

Most AVRs have what is called Zone 2. In this you can connect two speakers in Stereo mode onto another room. If you are already using this as Speaker Set B, I am afraid you are out of luck.

Cheers

Last edited:
Not only is adding additional speakers in a different environment a pain in the neck (wiring + extra amp etc.) It also becomes hard to use the remote without investing in extra accessories such as IR receiver etc. I would recommend a smaller stereo system for the secondary room to keep things nice and tidy. Just my opinion though as I have not been overly impressed with zone 2 feature even though my AVRs from 8 yrs ago have been supporting it.

Not only is adding additional speakers in a different environment a pain in the neck (wiring + extra amp etc.) It also becomes hard to use the remote without investing in extra accessories such as IR receiver etc. I would recommend a smaller stereo system for the secondary room to keep things nice and tidy. Just my opinion though as I have not been overly impressed with zone 2 feature even though my AVRs from 8 yrs ago have been supporting it.

hi marsilians you are absolutlely right,,,apart from being a pain to set up zone 2 , my AVR onkyo 875 will only play in 5.1 if zone 2 capabilities is set to on

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back