How are NAD AVRs Rated?

ashishkesarwani

How are NAD's AVR rated? VFM aspect and are they represented well in India, I know that their Stereo amps and CD player sells the most but what about their AVRs? I want to know the opinion of our Audio/ Video phile friends on this Forum.

It appears that there aren't many who know about NAD AVR's. I had taken demo of NAD AVR's about 2 years back. They are a league above than Marnatz, Denon etc and they come at a price.

I have also heard that they are being made as a chip based model. One can replace just the PCB boards as the there are technological advances instead of upgrading your AVR.

Cheers~

I have also heard that they are being made as a chip based model. One can replace just the PCB boards as the there are technological advances instead of upgrading your AVR.

Cheers~

If thats true then its a big advantage, since we haven't seen much advancement in the technology in the stereo segment but in the home cinema segment there has been constant upgradation in the last few years because of which our value purchases like AVRs become obsolete in a span of 4 to 5 years, but if a manufacturer gives an option like that of NAD or Arcam then it could save us a lot of money in the long run, even if the same is slightly expensive at the time of initial purchase.
What do you think guys?

How are NAD's AVR rated? VFM aspect and are they represented well in India, I know that their Stereo amps and CD player sells the most but what about their AVRs? I want to know the opinion of our Audio/ Video phile friends on this Forum.

Which particular model are you looking at? YOu have to be more specific as there some models that did not have good reviews when owned by their previous Chinese owners. Now the BEE series has brought back some semblence of quality to NAD as these are designed by Bjorn Edvardsen.

Which particular model are you looking at? YOu have to be more specific as there some models that did not have good reviews when owned by their previous Chinese owners. Now the BEE series has brought back some semblence of quality to NAD as these are designed by Bjorn Edvardsen.

I am not too sure about home theatre receivers. But I definitely find myself preferring the NAD C series to the BEE ones when it comes to integrated amplifiers.

To the original poster - NAD receivers are very good. But they are way too costly when compared to Denon or Marantz pricing. The receivers are not bad for music either. One thing is - you ought not to expect the bling that is associated with receivers with fancy displays and all that. NAD is a no-nonsense brand. I actually see that as an advantage. :)

My present consern being as of now I am a user of an Onkyo 905 which is an ultimate machine for Movies and no doubt about that but when it comes to music it leaves me with a lot to be desired. I know about Arcam AVR 600 which is the first amongst AVRs which is an all rounder and could easily compete with a dedicated integrated Amplifier within a range of 50-60K, and performs league apart in the movie department too.
With the reputation of NAD in the mid level makets leaders with great integrated amps, so did they bridge the gap between music and movies through their latest line of AVRs as its with Arcam. Also when its comes to budget try thinking if be buy a budget level AVR for around 50k and then buy a separate integrated amp for 30K which comes to 80K, so now if NAD has a capable AVR under its stable around the same price bracket and its performance is good for both music and movies then in that case this 80K would be like money well spent.
I want to know the opinion of you guys here?

Also when its comes to budget try thinking if be buy a budget level AVR for around 50k and then buy a separate integrated amp for 30K which comes to 80K, so now if NAD has a capable AVR under its stable around the same price bracket and its performance is good for both music and movies then in that case this 80K would be like money well spent.
I want to know the opinion of you guys here?

I've been thinking about this too. I was at La-kozy the other day but did not have the time to audition their AVR's. Heard only the C355BEE (Integrated Amp) and C545BEE (CD player), which I liked with PSB Image T45.

Would be great if anyone can throw more light on their experiences with NAD T765, T775 and T785. I would probably prefer to go for one if these if there are decent for both 5/7.1 and 2.0.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back