How do you connect Projector Audio to AVR/Amp?

swamytk

Here is my humble home theatre system:

Egate i9 Projector | Firestick (or) Chromecast | HDMI to SPDIF Digital audio converter | -------------->----------- a long Coax cable between projector and Screen side Amp --------------------------> Fiio D03K DAC | Marantz PM5005 | Wharfedale Diamond 220 | Yamaha YST-315 Sub

I would like to eliminate long Coax cable.

1. Earlier I tried Phoneix chip based Bluetooth transmitter in 2.X mode, the volume was low.
2. Then I tried with HDMI to Digital Audio converter with a long cable across room, it improves a lot. I can't wire across the room due to other constraints.
3. I considered HDMI cable from Projector to Audio system, keeping Firestick/Chromecast on Audio system rack. But the cable is costly (2,000 for 35 metres cable). My projector itself is 5,000 only.

So in nutshell I would like to know how in general you connect audio of projector.

Here is my humble home theatre system:

Egate i9 Projector | Firestick (or) Chromecast | HDMI to SPDIF Digital audio converter | -------------->----------- a long Coax cable between projector and Screen side Amp --------------------------> Fiio D03K DAC | Marantz PM5005 | Wharfedale Diamond 220 | Yamaha YST-315 Sub

I would like to eliminate long Coax cable.

1. Earlier I tried Phoneix chip based Bluetooth transmitter in 2.X mode, the volume was low.
2. Then I tried with HDMI to Digital Audio converter with a long cable across room, it improves a lot. I can't wire across the room due to other constraints.
3. I considered HDMI cable from Projector to Audio system, keeping Firestick/Chromecast on Audio system rack. But the cable is costly (2,000 for 35 metres cable). My projector itself is 5,000 only.

So in nutshell I would like to know how in general you connect audio of projector.
Hi..in my case the cable needed was approximately 30 ft. By mistake, I bought a 25 ft Bluerigger HDMI cable, so shortage of about 5-6 ft. Luckily, I had a spare 6 ft Bluerigger, so I bought an Amazon Basics HDMI coupler (200/-) and joined them both. Works perfectly with no frame drops or audio drops, even I'm able to play Atmos without issues even though audio is handled by my Marantz receiver.

Hi..in my case the cable needed was approximately 30 ft. By mistake, I bought a 25 ft Bluerigger HDMI cable, so shortage of about 5-6 ft. Luckily, I had a spare 6 ft Bluerigger, so I bought an Amazon Basics HDMI coupler (200/-) and joined them both. Works perfectly with no frame drops or audio drops, even I'm able to play Atmos without issues even though audio is handled by my Marantz receiver.
Have you ever tried any BT transmitter?

Ha ha you are fine system wise. I'll be banned if I told you how my projector is hooked up.

If wire across the room is an issue then try routing it to avoid being seen.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back