Is it crazy to use a projector with a Fire TV stick?

sudokpr

I don't currently own an AVR setup, but I'm eager to set up a projector with a FireTV stick as my primary source.

A recent visit to a relative's house opened my eyes to the world of Android projectors, something I wasn't even aware of until then. The ease of use, lack of long running cables, and clutter-free setup left us all impressed. While the image quality seemed okay for a video clip on Zee5 app, the HD video from Nat Geo on Youtube had amazing clarity.

Now, my family is pushing for us to get a similar setup. I must admit, I enjoyed the big screen experience. Our movie watching frequency isn't too high—just once a month on average.

With this in mind, I'm seeking advice on whether it's a viable option to run a projector with a FireTV stick. My plan involves attaching the Fire TV stick to an entry-level projector and streaming audio wirelessly to my stereo system via Bluetooth. I know some enthusiasts might frown upon Bluetooth, but it suits my needs for now. If necessary, I can always resort to using an Audio Out cable from the projector to the stereo system.

As for the setup, it won't be in a dedicated room. I'm considering setting it up in the living room, where there's a fair amount of daylight even with the window screens closed.

Before I proceed, I'd greatly appreciate your opinions on my plan. If you believe it's feasible, I'm in the market for a decent entry-level projector. I'd rather avoid Android projectors due to concerns about outdated software in a couple of years.

I've noticed a few projectors currently listed in the classified section. While I've done my homework and come across the BenQ W1070, which seems to stand out for its color reproduction, the Optoma HD26 is brighter and might be better suited for my living room. I haven't reached out to the owners yet.

I'm all ears for your insights and thoughts on this.

It is possible. But I'm not sure about connecting firestick to a Bluetooth device for audio playback. Since you will use it in your living room, consider a projector with good brightness.

Thanks for your feedback @ajuvignesh .
I did try the bluetooth option on the firetv stick for a short while and it works without any sound lag.

If the current setup doesn't work as expected, I'm considering the option of using an HDMI audio extractor and running a 15ft HDMI cable.

Then, you can proceed with it :) As far as HDMI extractors go, I am not sure of the quality of sound they can send out.

I don't currently own an AVR setup, but I'm eager to set up a projector with a FireTV stick as my primary source.

A recent visit to a relative's house opened my eyes to the world of Android projectors, something I wasn't even aware of until then. The ease of use, lack of long running cables, and clutter-free setup left us all impressed. While the image quality seemed okay for a video clip on Zee5 app, the HD video from Nat Geo on Youtube had amazing clarity.

Now, my family is pushing for us to get a similar setup. I must admit, I enjoyed the big screen experience. Our movie watching frequency isn't too high—just once a month on average.

With this in mind, I'm seeking advice on whether it's a viable option to run a projector with a FireTV stick. My plan involves attaching the Fire TV stick to an entry-level projector and streaming audio wirelessly to my stereo system via Bluetooth. I know some enthusiasts might frown upon Bluetooth, but it suits my needs for now. If necessary, I can always resort to using an Audio Out cable from the projector to the stereo system.

As for the setup, it won't be in a dedicated room. I'm considering setting it up in the living room, where there's a fair amount of daylight even with the window screens closed.

Before I proceed, I'd greatly appreciate your opinions on my plan. If you believe it's feasible, I'm in the market for a decent entry-level projector. I'd rather avoid Android projectors due to concerns about outdated software in a couple of years.

I've noticed a few projectors currently listed in the classified section. While I've done my homework and come across the BenQ W1070, which seems to stand out for its color reproduction, the Optoma HD26 is brighter and might be better suited for my living room. I haven't reached out to the owners yet.

I'm all ears for your insights and thoughts on this.
It is a great configuration for a living room system oriented to movies.

Update:
I've acquired a pre-owned short-throw projector (Ricoh PJ WX4241n), and this has significantly changed the setup dynamics. The projector is conveniently positioned on a table, just 3 feet away from the wall.

Now, there are a couple of options for audio setup without the need for long cables.
One option is to use an HDMI audio extractor with digital output and connect it to your sound system. Alternatively, you can use the audio output directly from the projector.

In my case, I've opted for a slightly unconventional setup. I have an old laptop connected to my USB DAC, and the laptop's audio feeds into the DAC. This makeshift arrangement is working surprisingly well for me, and I'm quite pleased with it for now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back