Projector recommendations around a budget of ~₹30,000/-.

Dipping7856

Hi, I'm absolutely new to this whole thing, went through the threads for preexisting advice around the same, it does look like people here are quite invested in setting up a proper home theatre experience, so I'm really sorry if this sort of a question is not up to the mark or the quality of the forums, but I do need advice with buying a projector, I don't want to pay extra for a smart projector, I have a fire stick / laptop hdmi cable, okayish speakers, and I'll make do with those. The room size does change quite a bit (transferrable job), I'll slowly invest in a good screen over the time, but as of now I only need something I can prop on a stool in my bedroom or my hall wherever I live. I came across the lower end projectors of Epson (EB-01) and BenQ (MS550/560) while searching for them. From general advice here I can see that DLP is bad and LCD is good, but apart from that I do need some insights from any of you kinder experienced folx who can direct me with this. TIA. Cheers

BenQ 550 and 560 are educational or office projectors; it's not a good idea to watch movies. Epson TW650 around 59k (full HD lamp), LG PH150G around 40k, LG PH550G around 55k (full HD LED)—these are good for movies. Yes, it's a little expensive for your budget.

or under 30k, maybe some Chinese projectors like Egate or Wando, but I don't recommend these.

Currently, I use a short-throw, 720p classroom projector that supports a 16:10 aspect ratio for casual viewing. Since I don't have a dedicated home theater, this setup works well for me. While the picture quality may not compare to a home theater projector, it's decent for my needs. I purchased it pre-owned for ₹15k, and I'm satisfied with it.

You can find the projector model and my setup here https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ector-with-a-fire-tv-stick.93905/post-1043316

One main challenge when lacking a dedicated home theater setup is arranging for long-running cables for power input or audio output. Using a short-throw projector has helped alleviate some of these issues for me.

I personally use a EGate 09 projector. For 19k it is value for money. Good image quality with Full HD and it can adapt 4k videos. I project it at a distance of 13 feet on a wall and screen size 10x9 feet; without losing on sharpness or brightness.

I've tried Egate projector and was completely disappointed, then picked up a used Epson TW650 for around 25k , it is really good for movies, you can look at picking up a used 1080p projector in your budget,

under 30k, maybe some Chinese projectors like Egate or Wando, but I don't recommend these.
Hi, thank you for replying, and yes that's what I figured, I'll probably now look into options for a 45 to 50" TV instead, will definitely save for a good quality projector for sometime later.

Currently, I use a short-throw, 720p classroom projector that supports a 16:10 aspect ratio for casual viewing. Since I don't have a dedicated home theater, this setup works well for me. While the picture quality may not compare to a home theater projector, it's decent for my needs. I purchased it pre-owned for ₹15k, and I'm satisfied with it.

You can find the projector model and my setup here https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ector-with-a-fire-tv-stick.93905/post-1043316

One main challenge when lacking a dedicated home theater setup is arranging for long-running cables for power input or audio output. Using a short-throw projector has helped alleviate some of these issues for me.
oh yes, I did go through this thread and it was kinda cool that you could get your hands on a Ricoh UST, and now I see it was for 15k, much jelly, good for you, I'll totally keep an eye out for deals online.

I personally use a EGate 09 projector. For 19k it is value for money. Good image quality with Full HD and it can adapt 4k videos. I project it at a distance of 13 feet on a wall and screen size 10x9 feet; without losing on sharpness or brightness.
thanks I'll look into this.

I've tried Egate projector and was completely disappointed, then picked up a used Epson TW650 for around 25k , it is really good for movies, you can look at picking up a used 1080p projector in your budget,
I'll keep an eye out for deals like these thanks

Check the used market and buy a full-HD projector. that will last many years. I brought a portable Chinese projector just to watch casual viewing outdoors at night. I got it from Europe, and it works well, but unfortunately I got some issues, and projector technicians are saying some spares are not available here. So buying a branded used projector is also good, and you can easily get spears anywhere in India.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back