How much power does an AVR / HT actually consume

True but the cost of cleaner power is too high. First of all you need an AVR which has pre outs at the least (Denon 3600 upwards ?). Then you need a power amp which in the least will cost about INR 30 K for a cheap one ? Compared to that the difference in sound (perceived) is negligible. Also the AVR then lies underused since it is barely using 70-80 watts out of 100+ watts available. Hence its a more effective solution for cheap AVRs but the irony is that the cheap AVRs dont come with pre outs :)
I agree the direction in which you want to make your point, but sr5013 provide preout at lesser price of 3600h and I am using norge 1000 gold amp for 14.5k and it made a noticable diff in sound quality

One can use preamp mode even with stereo poweramp, but then no point in buying AVR then.For HT, minimum 5 ch Poweramp is needed.
I mean for newer D& M models the disengagement of internal power of AVR is activated even with 2 channel or minimum 5 channel or is it any minimum criteria is there...

I mean for newer D& M models the disengagement of internal power of AVR is activated even with 2 channel or minimum 5 channel or is it any minimum criteria is there...
Its a setting which will disengage all internal amplifiers. So if you do so, you will get sound from only those speakers to which Poweramp is connected.If one has only stereo Poweramp, then he should not use that mode in HT.

After seeing this thread me too went on measuring total watts consumed by HT

Epson tw650 pj in eco mode = 200w
Avr denon 1500+ polk HTS 12 + Apple tv 4k = 56 watts when idle, 75watts when playing action movies at 16db, max 90watts during intense action. AMPERS =. 40

I agree the direction in which you want to make your point, but sr5013 provide preout at lesser price of 3600h and I am using norge 1000 gold amp for 14.5k and it made a noticable diff in sound quality
The improvement in sound could just be coloration. For example if you like Norge sound and if you are getting that signature in the sound you may end up liking it. I love my Rotel amp so when I connect it to my center channel I notice a different aka more likeable/ improved sound.

65 W delivered by AVR to speakers may come with 10% harmonic distortion
65 W delivered by dedicated stereo power amp may come with 0.1% harmonic distortion

What will sound better?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back