How to buy from US

... Also one big reason is the upcoming Black friday sales in US where it's almost 50% off on that day.

Also in INDIA i find the prices way too exaggerated e.g. panny plasma 42G10 costs 70k in INDIA which is almost double compared to the listed price of teh same set in US.

I highly doubt if you can get TVs online on that day or purchasein store unless your relatives are one of the early few. For a few thousand rupees I dont think its worth for someone to stand hours on end to get a product cheap even if not guaranteed in the first place.

Re: pricing in India, yes its priced high but again there are legit taxes and import duties that companies have to pay when they bring it on land. So remember that as such.

I would NOT recommend you to buy from US-

1.) The chance of breakage is too much.

2.) There might be problem of NTSC/PAL, Power consumption etc.

3.) There is a different charm of buying product yourself and checking it.

4.) The shipping would be too costly. ( As you will obviously pick the better method to avoid damage to tv).

5.) TV+shipping would be marginally less to the amount you have to pay here. It could be even more!!

Hi,

I think it is not fair on our part to source an item from overseas without paying customs! Not to sound patriotic, you must be knowing the ways it is giong to affect our nation.
If you want to love your country, u better leave this and settle some other western country. In my honest opinion, this very nation doesnt deserve any kind of patriotism or love....
I dont want to say a lot more here since the thread is about buying from US. And I request all the "patriots" better stay away from these kind of comments which will "hurt" we the "non patriots"...

If you want to love your country, u better leave this and settle some other western country. In my honest opinion, this very nation doesnt deserve any kind of patriotism or love....
I dont want to say a lot more here since the thread is about buying from US. And I request all the "patriots" better stay away from these kind of comments which will "hurt" we the "non patriots"...

Really, thanks for your advice!:yahoo:

Have you seen Casablanca?

Major Heinrich Strasser (Conrad Veidt): What is your nationality?

Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) : I'm a drunkard.

Captain Louis Renault (Claude Rains) : That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::yahoo::yahoo::cheers:

I highly doubt if you can get TVs online on that day or purchasein store unless your relatives are one of the early few. For a few thousand rupees I dont think its worth for someone to stand hours on end to get a product cheap even if not guaranteed in the first place.

Re: pricing in India, yes its priced high but again there are legit taxes and import duties that companies have to pay when they bring it on land. So remember that as such.

No sir i'm sorry to tell u but your assumption is totally wrong, my cousin bought a 65" display last year and he didnt stand in for hours he went in the store in the evening when everyhing was almost over and done with, and still there were a variety of displays left for the sale, so buying is not problem here the problem is which service do i use to get the display parcelled here.

U r absolutely right about the part of packing...Better to take insurance for the item.. so it take cares a little of our worry...

Unless it is the manufacturer shipping directly to India thru their specific shipper, I don't think normal shippers will offer any kind of insurance for INTERNAL DAMAGE... What they do offer is insurance against loss or otherwise extensive external damage to the carton and thereby the contents.

Unless it is the manufacturer shipping directly to India thru their specific shipper, I don't think normal shippers will offer any kind of insurance for INTERNAL DAMAGE... What they do offer is insurance against loss or otherwise extensive external damage to the carton and thereby the contents.[/QUOTE

I thought shipping via DHL covers internal damage also during shipping>>> have to check this with DHL...

one is issues with 110v and ntsc, sure u can buy some convertors,but it may effect the PQ.

1.) The chance of breakage is too much.
2.) There might be problem of NTSC/PAL, Power consumption etc.
4.)The shipping would be too costly. ( As you will obviously pick the better method to avoid damage to tv).
5.) TV+shipping would be marginally less to the amount you have to pay here. It could be even more!!

Well Preet...the above are very valid "Technical Problems" which may eventually have PQ issues after finally when your piece reaches India.

As far as Shipping is concerned you can avail UPS/DHL who ship worldwide with all kinds of comprehensive insurance.....claiming those insurances in India is a different headaches though....even if you claim it they may settle it for repairing it for you.

So, the point is do you want to take so much of risk then get the piece in India; duck the customs, No warranty availbility (warranty's are generally Country/region specific), unknown/undiscovered service availability and finally possibility of PQ issues....really needs a judicious call.

Last edited:
I agree with all buying from US has one Major problem. That is gurantee, if you have any source which is giving warranty here then it would be worth your time, its always risky to get the electronic from out of country.

Hi,

I think it is not fair on our part to source an item from overseas without paying customs! Not to sound patriotic, you must be knowing the ways it is giong to affect our nation.

But anyway it is just me! It is completely not wrong for anyone to choose the best option when available.

All the best on your purchase!

some times he can do it ,if can ... donate some money to poor children :D and help in nation building! It would be better to do that than to a corrupt department .

Disclosing it in neat forum like this ,however is a bad idea!

for the purchase : Ask KMd in techenclave forums he is good at it ... no hassles ..some people have paid just 10k extra for a 50k product

Last edited:
some times he can do it ,if can ... donate some money to poor children :D and help in nation building! It would be better to do that than to a corrupt department .

Disclosing it in neat forum like this ,however is a bad idea!

for the purchase : Ask KMd in techenclave forums he is good at it ... no hassles ..some people have paid just 10k extra for a 50k product

Hi Kaushik,

I dont get your point! Did you mean to say that I was wrong?

Thanks

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks

Well no1 is "wrong" here. You are right in a way when you say we shouldnt dupe the govt. But the other person is more right (acc. to me ) when he says that he dont want to pay to the corrupt govt. We have all seen the bofors scam, spectrum scam, the recent Madhu koda scam etc etc and what exactly does the govt do with the money given to them as taxes! When they say India has the largest amount in swiss banks they mean it!!

so AS kaushik said even I think it is better to donate to NGO's etc directly rather than filling the pockets of corrupt people (most of them)

But as Kaushik said mentioning that you will dupe the customs in the topic is a bad idea.

however coming back to the topic-

Last year I got my 32" bravia from Malaysia myself and I know my heart was in my mouth till the time I opened it and saw that it was working fine.

Its simply not worth the hassle to buy such a big thing (which high chance of breakage ) from USA + add abnormal shipping costs.

USA option is good for relatively small things which have vry less chance of damage such as speakers or a media player or something along those lines.

Well no1 is "wrong" here. You are right in a way when you say we shouldnt dupe the govt. But the other person is more right (acc. to me ) when he says that he dont want to pay to the corrupt govt. We have all seen the bofors scam, spectrum scam, the recent Madhu koda scam etc etc and what exactly does the govt do with the money given to them as taxes! When they say India has the largest amount in swiss banks they mean it!!

so AS kaushik said even I think it is better to donate to NGO's etc directly rather than filling the pockets of corrupt people (most of them)

But as Kaushik said mentioning that you will dupe the customs in the topic is a bad idea.

however coming back to the topic-

Last year I got my 32" bravia from Malaysia myself and I know my heart was in my mouth till the time I opened it and saw that it was working fine.

Its simply not worth the hassle to buy such a big thing (which high chance of breakage ) from USA + add abnormal shipping costs.

USA option is good for relatively small things which have vry less chance of damage such as speakers or a media player or something along those lines.

Thanks for clarifying it! Actually, IMHO, we cannot encourage corruption just by pointing our fingers towards others and government. Letz try and see if we can make a change. Government is also run by staffs who were just oridinary persons before getting recruited, but possibly by a population which is corrupt and that is ignored by others.

Definitely, I encourage the item of donating to NGO's and the needy. I was sponsoring 2 children up until six months ago when i found that my funds were being mismanaged, as I was invited to attend a function host by the NGO in a 5-star hotel, which I found unnecessary. After all, it was my hard earned money that I donated to the needy. So, corruption is everywhere, but let us not ignore or encourage it, let try to fight it out!

Regarding the import thing, I was also suggesting that it is not worth to import such a delicate item like TV from US, let alone the matter of evading customs. I have also imported many items including Amp, BD player, HDMI cables, etc.

Anyway thanks a lot for your clarification!

okay isn't it true that current gen plasma's and LCD support both NTSC and pal formats, so why would that be a problem? i am also importing some PS3 games from US which will be in NTSC format does that mean if i bought the display from INDIA i won't be able to play them, since i read it on playstation forums that PS3 games are region free and if u have a NTSC capable display u can play those games easily, also my ps3 is PAL since i bought it from INDIA itself for which i got a pretty good deal 80 GB PS3 + 2 games free (Uncharetd drake's fortune + GTA 5 prologue) for 18,000Rs with 1 year warranty, So coming to the point, If the above is the case and i cannot play games bought from US on my PAL PS3 on displays bought in INDIA coz they only support PAL then i am definitely gonna buy my display from US.

IF u can't get what i am asking the question is

Can u play NTSC ps3 games with a PAL ps3 system on a panasonic plasma bought in INDIA ?

Thanks for all the replies !!

Last edited:
Hi,

AFAIK, most of the TVs in India are compatible with both NTSC/PAL, so it should not be a problem when you buy one from India.

Actually, we are also slowly moving to NTSC format, so this should not be a major problem. There are convertors available as well.

The major problem would be:
1. Getting the item safely to your home
2. You need a good voltage convertor, I have use a 2K W from Maxine, which takes care of my amp and BDP.

Thanks,

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks

sorry for coming late here ... also i dint mean to offend you,sorry if my lines sounded like that.
every one has own way of doing things .I cant say you are wrong... i believe be smart and do something for the country.

Things are there in theory but practically may not be effective..the guy who can save 30k if wants to contribute to nations development can donate a smaller sum.
The NGO thing is also ,not a proper way of reaching the needy people... better grab some stuff the poor children needand deliver in their hands..
@anandkrishnantc must be the words came out as a result of corrupt infrastructure and the pain caused due to sluggish and old policies run here

sorry for thread diversion .

Last edited:
Definitely yes, as TVs sold in India are both PAL and NTSC compatible

Not sure about PS3, this was not an option in PS1 or PS2, unless you get them modded. Is PS3 moddable?

Yes, it's region free except for DLC's. If you source a disc from US then you'll have to get your DLC's from US PSN Store.

Oh and it's can't be modded yet and won't be.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back