How to choose assembled 2.1 speakers with amplifier.

mikemk91

Hi..!! Every one..!!

I am Newbie to this forum. Need help to choose assembled 2.1 tower speakers with external amplifier. I am searched for 2.1 speakers in many websites and find below products...

F&D A570U - 6500/- rs
F&D T-400 X - 8500/- rs
Panasonic SC- HT20 - 5500rs/-

But I never seen the above products anywhere in shops or with friends to know how they sound.
So I went offline to choose and I found one store they are assembling their own with two towers, one sub woofer and an external amplifier. They played few songs on and it sounds good. There are two 12'' inch speakers, one tweeter on each tower and 18'' inch sub woofer. Exterior look is not so good. The tower width also high due to 12" inch speakers placement.

And now my questions are..

1.) Is it good to buy assembled product.
2.) How to choose the speakers are made up of good quality.
3.) Is there any special design inside the towers should be considered to get better sound.
4.) what type of wood and thickness would be great.

My budget is 12K max and I need thundering BASS output along with treble and clear voice.

Pls suggest me best option....

My budget is 12K max and I need thundering BASS output along with treble and clear voice.

Pls suggest me best option....

Although I am not in favour of thundering bass when thunder is not the reason of playback, but I think that assembled one you described is you liked at this moment.

As, able to differentiate between good-right-apt-correct sound and poor-loud-distorted-coloured sound takes a bit of listening and intent to compare sound, you need to jump in and start listening at one point of time. So, why not now, and buy this assembled one.

One suggestion, take as many songs and other variety of instrumental compositions that you like with you and listen that system for long. Do not bother the maker's irritation. Take a friend with you to discuss and compare your listening.
Decide then...and buy or search again.

Finally I purchased assembled stereo system at price of 19K. Which includes an amplifier(6500 rs) , two tower speakers (8500 rs) and one sub-woofer (5500 rs). As per shopper man specs the amplifier is having double amp and double IC. So it can handle two sub-woofers. Pls go through the attached digitals and leave ur feedback is it worth buying at this price..??

Also..

Throw me a light whether any up gradation can be done for better performance either in amp or speakers

IMG_20150605_200105.jpg

IMG_20150605_200112.jpg

IMG_20150605_200122.jpg

IMG_20150606_070226.jpg

IMG_20150606_070236.jpg.

Finally I purchased assembled stereo system at price of 19K. Which includes an amplifier(6500 rs) , two tower speakers (8500 rs) and one sub-woofer (5500 rs). As per shopper man specs the amplifier is having double amp and double IC. So it can handle two sub-woofers. Pls go through the attached digitals and leave ur feedback is it worth buying at this price..??

You already bought it, right?
Then there is no point in checking whether its worth or not. You can do a price check before you buy. But after that, if you do price check , you may land in mental tension. (If the price increases after our purchase, we will be happy. But if it goes down, it feels sad.) So better be happy with what you purchased.and enjoy it.

regards
girish:)

Sorry to let you down but for the price you paid I think its not upto mark, the amp specially, you could have gotten a lot better amp made by forum members from here.

Any upgrade would be to change the amps.

If your amp runs your JBL 1200 pretty good, I wonder if it's a real JBL. STK4141 II gives out 25 watts according to this schematic. http://www.electronica.ro/audio/images/STK4141II.gif.

I wouldn't pay anything more than 9-10k for the entire system especially if the FS doesn't have anything exemplary.. For 19K, it's a pretty bad deal. Sell the amp off and get a better one.

Do a search in our forum to know about various diy amps. You can use Darlington or Bipolar or bridged TDA7294 or TDA7293 for sub amp.

Thx for all your comments. I have made a wrong deal. Can any one help me to built an amplifier at same price. I will sell current amp at even loss.

If you can sell the amp without much loss, then sell it.

Since you liked the sound signature at the time of your purchase, Enjoy the setup for the time being.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back