How to claim warranty on Denon reciever purchased from Amazon.

rush2samy

Hi All,
I need to know how to claim warranty support for the Denon AVR receiver purchased from Amazon. Can you please advise I live in Pune. Do I need to take it to service center? If yes, then where is the nearest service center?

If the seller on Amazon is authorised by Denon, then you can claim the warranty easily else Profx can refuse.
Please check with them.

Hi All,
I need to know how to claim warranty support for the Denon AVR receiver purchased from Amazon. Can you please advise I live in Pune. Do I need to take it to service center? If yes, then where is the nearest service center?
If it’s been less than 10 days then I would suggest opening up a request for replacement on Amazon itself. In case it’s way more than 10 days then as other FMs have suggested you’ll have to contact the guys at ProFX and make sure the invoice sent by the seller handy.

On similar lines another question is about the problem. I used to connect my PC having graphic card HDMI to BluRay Input source of the receiver. It worked for 3 months then suddenly it stopped giving signal. Not sure what was the problem but I was only using while playing movie from my desktop. After it stopped working I connected to DVD input HDMI. Few days later that also stopped working (not sure if its getting burnt). Now I am not going for other input sources fearing same fate for them too. But my question is can this happen I mean can desktop damage Denon AVR HDMI ? My receiver is well 9 months old. I have invoice but ProFx website says they are not going to cover warranty for product purchased via Amazon/Flipkart. Please advise.

On similar lines another question is about the problem. I used to connect my PC having graphic card HDMI to BluRay Input source of the receiver. It worked for 3 months then suddenly it stopped giving signal. Not sure what was the problem but I was only using while playing movie from my desktop. After it stopped working I connected to DVD input HDMI. Few days later that also stopped working (not sure if its getting burnt). Now I am not going for other input sources fearing same fate for them too. But my question is can this happen I mean can desktop damage Denon AVR HDMI ? My receiver is well 9 months old. I have invoice but ProFx website says they are not going to cover warranty for product purchased via Amazon/Flipkart. Please advise.
Hmm that's a tough situation to be in. Which tv do you have? Does it have digital out? If yes, try connecting hdmi to TV and then tv to receiver. See how that goes.

If there is pro fx in your city. Walk in and see what they say. If not warranty, they will atleast repair it on a charge.

MaSh

Also what length is the HDMI you’re running?

Contact the seller. And also in the product description check if it’s mentioned as seller warranty or dealer warranty. You don’t have to mention you got from amazon but just mention the dealer. If the seller in amazon is part of the dealer network pro FX will support warranty. And also check the box if it has a pro FX sticker. If it has the sticker then the product was sourced from FX and they can’t deny warranty

Its 35 feet + connector + 25 feet HDMI Bluerigger cable. Is the length being too high the cause of fault.
Yes quite possibly, most probably looks like it. Can you quickly check the signal with a shorter HDMI cable? If the length is an issue then you need an active HDMI cable.

Yes quite possibly, most probably looks like it. Can you quickly check the signal with a shorter HDMI cable? If the length is an issue then you need an active HDMI cable.
But the same cable works in other HDMI input port I mean the ones which are working fine. But I will try short cable just to check.

Its 35 feet + connector + 25 feet HDMI Bluerigger cable. Is the length being too high the cause of fault.
Wow that's one long cable. Is that a fibre optic hdmi cable? If not then yes thats way too long. As someone mentioned, try with a shorter single cable with no joints, extenders, etc.

MaSh

Now I did my fair bit of testing. Here are the findings. Now I used only three devices AVR, TV and D2H Box. Disconnected rest like projector and PC. After connecting D2H HDMI cable(stock cable with set-topbox) to all HDMI inputs I found out that only one is not working the BluRay one. Rest all were working. I took shorter Amazon Basics HDMI cable. Now when I tried with my MacBook to one of inputs. It came for a while and then displays goes off. Could it be due to Amazon basic cable not compatible with AVR. The same cable works fine with my LG Ultragear 24GL600 monitor. This seems wierd. Now I have again connected back all the systems together with long cable and all DVD input is back working again. Not sure what went wrong that day. But certainly the BluRay Input HDMI is damaged. I have used long cable it may happen that signal can go lost but can it damage the port as well ? Long cable can cause signal loss but shouldn't cause damage atleast that's what I reckon. Advise if otherwise.

Now I did my fair bit of testing. Here are the findings. Now I used only three devices AVR, TV and D2H Box. Disconnected rest like projector and PC. After connecting D2H HDMI cable(stock cable with set-topbox) to all HDMI inputs I found out that only one is not working the BluRay one. Rest all were working. I took shorter Amazon Basics HDMI cable. Now when I tried with my MacBook to one of inputs. It came for a while and then displays goes off. Could it be due to Amazon basic cable not compatible with AVR. The same cable works fine with my LG Ultragear 24GL600 monitor. This seems wierd. Now I have again connected back all the systems together with long cable and all DVD input is back working again. Not sure what went wrong that day. But certainly the BluRay Input HDMI is damaged. I have used long cable it may happen that signal can go lost but can it damage the port as well ? Long cable can cause signal loss but shouldn't cause damage atleast that's what I reckon. Advise if otherwise.
Long cable can not cause port to be damaged until and unless there is a voltage surge at the other end of the cable. I too am running a long cable 25+15 ft without any problems.
Also when inserting or removing hdmi cables always make sure your equipments are turned off. That is know to cause hdmi port failures.
As far as the damaged port is concerned, contact profx. Don't tell you bought online. Just ask them to repair under warranty. And if asked, provide them with a bill. If they deny warranty, either get it repaired by spending money or live with one less hdmi input.
Also if you purchased from an authorised seller, you could threaten to go to consumer court. I feel its unfair to deny warranty if purchased online. In todays world, online is the major market and it is the future too.

denon website also has these as dealers, try your luck with them -

Preeti Trading Corporation
3, Shubhangini Building, 51, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
India
TEL: +919820644435, +912226108821, +912226108820
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back