How to configure the All Share feature in Samsung 5 series LED TV

Patnayak

Dear All,
After a lot of research and reading on this forum I have finally bought Samsung 32D5000 Led TV.I had the following queires .Request fellow members to help me

1-I have a BSNL Broad band 4 Mbps connection with wireless ADSL 2 modem.
2-Do not have a wireless adapter for my TV and do not intend to buy one.

How to configure the All Share feature to connect my Lap top with the TV and play media files on my Laptop on the TV.I have a lan cord to connect the modem and TV.

Is it possible to play the media files wirelessly on the TV.Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Swabhiman

Hi

Connect your TV using the LAN port and once connected, go to menu and set the connectivity ( i dnt remember the path, but should be in Menu> Support) it configures automatically and an IP address is assigned to the TV usually it would be in consecutive to your system IP address eg:192.168.1.2.

Download AllSHare App from the Samsung site and connect it to your Modem(Inernet).

Important: if you have firewall intalled add an Exception for the All Share Service and application in your laptop. else firewall restrict your TV to connect to your Laptop

Open All share App and Click on Tools>Connection Setting Wizard.. this wizard should help you connecting to the TV, once Connected you would see you TV listed under devices (Example: UA32D500),

Check out the settings and do the changes as you need like folders..

Once you share the folder in your Laptop, that folder can be access in your TV (Click on Source> All Share) and play.. it
You can directly play the file for the laptop to your TV, Select the File>Play on Other Device( Select TV Example: UA32D5000)

AllShare is amazing really helps a lot.. no pain of copying in USB drive and playing it on TV.

If you have Android Mob, try this App iMediaLite Share, this you can use to play contents of your Mob over the TV.

enjoy...

Thanks Jeetg for your suggestions.A couple of questions

1-Can i play the files on my lap top wirelessly ?
2-Will the system work if there is limited or no internet connectivity ?

1-Can i play the files on my lap top wirelessly ?
Yes you can play any file from ur lap top to ur TV wirelessly

2-Will the system work if there is limited or no internet connectivity ?
Yes this system works without the internet connectivty..

Also how to watch streaming videos like youtube in the TV from the laptop.Will all share enable this also ?
This is not possible.. to stream the You tube.. you can do this by connecting your laptop thru PC port.. but. i didnt enjoy cos the audio was thru my laptop...
Instead .. you have YOUTUBE in the smart Hub.. you can play the videos.. in directly.. but the searching the videos.. :( typing using the remote is real pain.. for this i use my Android Remote App.. its gives me option a QWERTY keyboard in searching..
download that App.. very helpful when using the Smart functions...

@patnayak. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
I have Samsung D6000 TV which I was able to successfully connect to internet using wired connection from TV to router and also was able to connect my Samsung Galaxy S2 to the TV as well.
My query is will I be able to connect my desktop or laptop so that I can stream, play the files from these to the TV.

@andy...

You can play your files on your TV. use ALLSHARE.. app, download this from the below site.. once installed all your can connect your PC , S2 and TV together. good App. I use this to connect my Lap with D6000.. good App..

Allshare Download Page

Guys u can use Mezzmo to stream files from pc to tv..it's a common and very good platform for all brands...u just need to connect your pc and tv via lan cable..start the server function in mezzmo and select tv type and add files to share then u can easily stream files..just google mezzmo guys.

hi Andy..

try these steps

Connect your TV using the LAN port and once connected, go to menu and set the connectivity ( i dnt remember the path, but should be in Menu> Support) it configures automatically and an IP address is assigned to the TV usually it would be in consecutive to your system IP address eg:192.168.1.2.

Download AllSHare App from the Samsung site and connect it to your Modem(Inernet).

Important: if you have firewall intalled add an Exception for the All Share Service and application in your laptop. else firewall restrict your TV to connect to your Laptop

Open All share App and Click on Tools>Connection Setting Wizard.. this wizard should help you connecting to the TV, once Connected you would see you TV listed under devices (Example: UA32D500),

Check out the settings and do the changes as you need like folders..

Once you share the folder in your Laptop, that folder can be access in your TV (Click on Source> All Share) and play.. it
You can directly play the file for the laptop to your TV, Select the File>Play on Other Device( Select TV Example: UA32D5000)

try it.. I have my 6000D connected to Win7 Laptop all share version used is 2.1.0.12013_8

I am using Serviio free edition, too good with on the fly transcoding using ffmpeg (built in) so much so that my Panasonic Viera Plasma can also play everything.

Back