How to connect my plasma TV-DAC-2.1 Speakers?

sammydude

Hello all,

I have a Samsung Plasma TV - PS51E8000 model. It doesn't have a 3.5 mm audio output. So, I bought a Fiio Taishan Digital to Audio converter to connect my Sony D5 2.1 speakers to the TV via the Digital Audio Ooutput.
These are the steps I followed.

1) Connected Optical cable from TV to the DAC optical pin
2) Connected the 5v power adapter.
3) Utilized a 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Male Y-Cable in the following manner.
4) Connected the male ports to the DAC.
5) Connected the headphone 3.5 stereo pin from speakers to 3.5 mm Female.
6) Set audio output on TV to pcm.

All I get is a buzzing sound :(
Please help!

Regards,
Sam

8pw6.jpg

vt24.jpg

l3yq.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

I have a Samsung Plasma TV - PS51E8000 model. It doesn't have a 3.5 mm audio output. So, I bought a Fiio Taishan Digital to Audio converter to connect my Sony D5 2.1 speakers to the TV via the Digital Audio Ooutput.
These are the steps I followed.

1) Connected Optical cable from TV to the DAC optical pin
2) Connected the 5v power adapter.
3) Utilized a 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Male Y-Cable in the following manner.
4) Connected the male ports to the DAC.
5) Connected the headphone 3.5 stereo pin from speakers to 3.5 mm Female.
6) Set audio output on TV to pcm.

All I get is a buzzing sound :(
Please help!

Regards,
Sam

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I use the similar setup on my LG TV and I get the audio perfectly. Just check whether the TV has some setting and try and tweak so that you can hear the sound. Also does your Fiio DAC has source selector switch, then select it for optical-in as most of these types of DAC's have the option to convert both Optical and Coaxial to RCA.

Edit: I am not able to see the pictures that you have posted. Post it again so that others can give more suggestions.
The settings that I have done on my TV are:
Changed the "TV Speaker" sound as "Off" and "Digital Sound Out" to "PCM". I get the sound on my Bose active speakers.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have set the switch to 'Optical'
Changed setting to PCM and set Speakers to 'External Speakers'

Included pictures now.:)

I have set the switch to 'Optical'
Changed setting to PCM and set Speakers to 'External Speakers'

Included pictures now.:)

Not sure whether the setting should be "External Speakers". I used to use as "External Speakers" in my old Bravia LCD where the TV had RCA outs. But for Optical you need to set the output as PCM as most of the DAC's like mine and yours support only PCM audio over optical in.

I interchanged the optical cable points and then I could hear the audio. But the audio was restricted only to the background music of the movie that I was playing from my computer.:sad:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back