How to connect sony hometheater speakers to Tv without using HT

samysarena

Hi! I've a 5 disc sony HT set up. Somehow, I've rarely used the HT because I never get to buy or see movies on DVD. I was looking for option to make use of the beautiful 5.1 channel speakers, without the need of HT player console. Is it possible to connect those hook type wires to some other intermediate connector and provide output directly to TV set. The HT console should not be into picture anywhere, I totally want to discard it.

Please suggest me with possibility to connect HT speakers without making use of console.

Yeah, same holds good for a car too. How beautiful it looks, gorgeous paint job, sexy interiors but open the bonnet, yuks, the sight of ugly engine is so repulsive. It weighs a ton.:eek: Why should I have it?:rolleyes:

Getting the drift buddy?;)

Is it possible to connect those hook type wires to some other intermediate connector and provide output directly to TV set

Does your TV have speakers 'out'? If so, you can connect a max of two speakers to your TV. To connect all 5.1 speakers to the TV you will need a box that takes a stereo input and converts it to a 5.1 sound. Alternatively, if your TV has digital out, you can use an AVR in between.

Cheers

Does your TV have speakers 'out'? If so, you can connect a max of two speakers to your TV. To connect all 5.1 speakers to the TV you will need a box that takes a stereo input and converts it to a 5.1 sound. Alternatively, if your TV has digital out, you can use an AVR in between.

Cheers

In all probability, he has a HTIB and the HT player console appears to be the main box. I'm sure that the puny amp of the TV can't drive it's puny driver properly. How realistic is it to expect it to drive external speakers, which would be atleast two way, properly?

Last edited:
You will need an amplifier to drive your speakers. Also to enjoy real 5.1 sound you will need a Dolby Digital or DTS processor. All this is done in the main unit of your HT so you just can't get rid of it.
Some DVD player have built in amplifiers as well as 5.1 analog output for speakers, you can try using that kind of DVD player but to me it won't make much sense since you all ready have the HT receiver(main unit).

hello buddy

Juss rememeber this thing...if u buy a package of HT set up then the speakers are just made to run using them...just believe me if you use avr (via direct speaker input) still that impedance matching will not exact as that of ur HT... I understand what you want to get rid off.....truely that is not ht but only the dac section of it...see the back panel of HT whether it can take analogue input for amplification...if it has such option, your HT will give a very decent sound if you feed it analogue output of any nice avr such as denon etc,,,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back