How to connect speakers with amp and sub?

Hifi_Noob

Dear all,

What I have:
  • Speakers : PSB Imagine Xb pair and Sony SSCS5 pair
  • Amp : Stereo Amplifier Sony StrDh190
  • Sub: Polk PSW 10
Please suggest me how I can connect them all.

I have attached the images of Amp out channel. It has two output A & B and I am planning to utilise them as follows:
  • In A: I will connect sub to amp A output and will connect Sony speakers to sub.
  • In B: I will connect PSB Imagine XB to B output of Amp
Please someone suggest, if I am doing this right? I don't have any idea if the amp can generate power for both the speakers pairs.

Please guys help me with the setup.

Eagerly waiting for your replies.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-03-22-09-34-71_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-03-22-09-34-71_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 29
From what I can see -
1 - you have a pre out on page 2 in section 3 of the image. I would connect the subwoofer to that.
2 - "In most cases", the amp should be able to drive both A & B channels, albeit at much lower power; as the power is shared between all the speakers.

My 2 cents, but I would wait for experts to chime in.

@Hifi_Noob, wonder if you found a solution or answer to your question?
I have a similar question: I have my speakers connected to the 8ohm terminals of a tube amp.
It has no preamp out.
I was wondering if I can simultaneously connect the sub (high level inputs) to the 4 ohm taps on the same tube amp?
I don’t know enough about electronics to figure it out.
REL says it’s ok: https://rel.net/blog/2015-07-23/how-to/how-to-connect-your-rel-to-a-tube-amplifier/

I have a similar question: I have my speakers connected to the 8ohm terminals of a tube amp.
It has no preamp out.
I was wondering if I can simultaneously connect the sub (high level inputs) to the 4 ohm taps on the same tube amp?
REL says it’s ok: https://rel.net/blog/2015-07-23/how-to/how-to-connect-your-rel-to-a-tube-amplifier/
Getting answers would be easier if you mentioned what tube amp is being used in this scenario.Im sure senior FM's would suggest what's best or if it would be feasible at all ( provided they know which amp).

Dear all,

What I have:
  • Speakers : PSB Imagine Xb pair and Sony SSCS5 pair
  • Amp : Stereo Amplifier Sony StrDh190
  • Sub: Polk PSW 10
Please suggest me how I can connect them all.

I have attached the images of Amp out channel. It has two output A & B and I am planning to utilise them as follows:
  • In A: I will connect sub to amp A output and will connect Sony speakers to sub.
  • In B: I will connect PSB Imagine XB to B output of Amp
Please someone suggest, if I am doing this right? I don't have any idea if the amp can generate power for both the speakers pairs.

Please guys help me with the setup.

Eagerly waiting for your replies.

Thank you very much.
FM @chander has cleared this for you. That's the best way to go about it .Hope you don't plan to max out on the volume as it could be a strain on the reciever. Try using 2 speakers and the sub first & later add the other 2 ( decide what sounds best).
However there's a lot more to this as the speakers are different & combining all the 4 would change the impedance etc.Other FM'S could help you with this precisely.

I have a similar problem, I'm trying to find an answer on the internet or at least some guidance, I read some tutorial <edited> but I need more information, This is the only forum I came across that talks about this problem. Might you have found a solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
It has no preamp out.
I have connected my Elekit TU8200 that does not have pre-out to KEF Kube sub using the high level input of KEF. But, both the sub and Heresy speakers on same tap - 8 Ohm.

The only issue I found was when the signal level goes down at the speaker terminal (night time listening), the sub switches off as there is not enough voltage to keep it on.

To overcome that I made an attenuator https://www.hifivision.com/threads/speaker-level-to-line-level-attenuator.89145/#post-1006726 and connected to the RCA sockets of KEF. No issues now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back