how to do Internal wiring of power strip

Interesting. Why is there a switch for the neutral.?You are not supposed to break the neutral.
I had come across a design, which was using single DP switch. ( Dual pole, one for positive and one for neutral)

But that was 32 amp hence a bit hard by design. I have that also which i has fitted to 3X3 board. But then i did not like it.

So to replicate same function, i used 2 fifteen amp switches. These individual switches are less bulky and soft to use. Feel is better.

And yes... trying for first time this dual pole concept..

I had come across a design, which was using single DP switch. ( Dual pole, one for positive and one for neutral)

But that was 32 amp hence a bit hard by design. I have that also which i has fitted to 3X3 board. But then i did not like it.

So to replicate same function, i used 2 fifteen amp switches. These individual switches are less bulky and soft to use. Feel is better.

And yes... trying for first time this dual pole concept..
Double pole or 2x single pole , the idea is same,it breaks the neutral which is not recommended.This depends on the Earthing system (TNC,TNCS, TT etc..)used in the country.Even if you want to break neutral ie if it is allowed in the system,you have to break the phase and neutral simultaneously,hence double pole switch.Breaking the neutral before phase is lethal.On another note, if you want 32 amp rating for your board,a single pole 32 amp breaker should be used for the phase.32 amps is overkill anyway for a audio switch board in my opinion.

Last edited:
Breaking the neutral before phase is lethal.
Please elaborate... trying to understand if i am doing something wrong.

One switch is atrached to inlet red wire and other switch to inlet break wire. Do you mean we should not do like this?

Please elaborate... trying to understand if i am doing something wrong.

One switch is atrached to inlet red wire and other switch to inlet break wire. Do you mean we should not do like this?
I mean ,when you operate the switch to off, you break the continuity of neutral, which is not allowed in most cases,(neutral is meant to be always continuous). Even if it is allowed in your local regulations,you have to use a double pole switch, so that both phase and neutral breaks at the same time.separate switches could make the phase connected while the neutral disconnected which is not at all allowed.Please talk with a local electrician.

In electrical equipments various unimaginable faults can occur. Things go short or open making things live. I would recommend earth wire and three pin main plug socket with suffecient current capacity if lots of equipments are used simulteneously. A fixed earth and neutral wire would be safe as neutral separate switch can go bad. Best to ask expert electrician.
regards
addition : besides the main socket in which you would be plugging in this board will have single live on/off switch anyway. So two switches on board serves little purpose. or unless you have some specific requirement.

Last edited:
It is possible after using this switchboard for a while, you may forget of not using the Earth connection (I saw you have not wired the earth point). Then if you use a gadget needing Earth ...

Next, please remember that normally, neutral is always connected and only phase is switch controlled. You have to warn everyone at your house to put BOTH switches to ON simultaneously, else the red LED will show power is ON, but nothing will work. Please don't use such a wiring which no one will understand.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back