How to get 5.1 sound from FireStick

prabhuprash

I have a TV with only 1 HDMI input.
I want to connect Fire stick and have digital sound in Receiver (Marantz Receiver).
Will this work - I connect Fire stick to Marantz Receiver. connect HDMI from Marantz to TV - will this work in getting HD picture and 5.1 Sound ?

I have a TV with only 1 HDMI input.
I want to connect Fire stick and have digital sound in Receiver (Marantz Receiver).
Will this work - I connect Fire stick to Marantz Receiver. connect HDMI from Marantz to TV - will this work in getting HD picture and 5.1 Sound ?
You can connect the firestick to an avr and connect the output of the avr to the TV. Netflix, Amazon prime will have 5.1 contents

You can connect the firestick to an avr and connect the output of the avr to the TV. Netflix, Amazon prime will have 5.1 contents

Thanks Love4sound. I read that this works if HDMI of AVR is NOT passthrough HDMI. for marantz sr4002 will u know if this is a passthrough or 2 way ?

Thanks Love4sound. I read that this works if HDMI of AVR is NOT passthrough HDMI. for marantz sr4002 will u know if this is a passthrough or 2 way ?
Sorry I don’t understand your question.

Older AVR has only pass-through HDMI ports - will this technique work if the HDMI port in AVR is a pass-through port.
for Marantz SR4002 do you know what type of HDMI ports they are ?

Older AVR has only pass-through HDMI ports - will this technique work if the HDMI port in AVR is a pass-through port.
for Marantz SR4002 do you know what type of HDMI ports they are ?
Ok not sure but any avr that supports dolby digital and digital plus should support 5.1 in firestick.

there is a serious issue with firetv stick not all the devices but some major devices haveissue in multi channel audio..
i got two replacement devices nothing delivered multi channel audio but i get the signal as DD+ only two fronts and center will be active..
Same as for netflix too.. i went to through multiple level of support with amazon and they are least concerned about multi channel audio.
it was working fine before with my yamaha receiver but a update from amazon screwed everything..
finally i gave my firestick to my friend and got settled with nvidia sheild :)

I did not find any issue with Fire stick delivering 5.1 sound in Amazon Prime and Netflix. Using it for last one year. All you need is a 5.1 capable receiver.

Yup no issue at all with multichannel audio with fire stick. The sound quality is fantastic.

MaSh

i'm also using Fire stick connected to Marantz Avr 5012 with no issue & getting decent quality 5.1 audio.

there is a serious issue with firetv stick not all the devices but some major devices haveissue in multi channel audio..
i got two replacement devices nothing delivered multi channel audio but i get the signal as DD+ only two fronts and center will be active..
Same as for netflix too.. i went to through multiple level of support with amazon and they are least concerned about multi channel audio.
it was working fine before with my yamaha receiver but a update from amazon screwed everything..
finally i gave my firestick to my friend and got settled with nvidia sheild :)
Which receiver do you have? Did you check the "faulty" sticks with any other receiver?
My marantz NR1504 is working fine and delivering 5.1 audio with firestick.

i checked with onkyo,yamaha and also in a denon :(...
everywhere i got DD+ signal but no signal for rear speakers only FL,FR& Center were active.

everywhere i got DD+ signal but no signal for rear speakers only FL,FR& Center were active.
In 5.1 setup rear speakers does not always output sound. Only on occasion it does (like that helicopter sound which comes out clearly from the rear speakers)

Strange. Have you checked with a movie where 5.1 is more prominent. MadMax Fury Road, Tera suroor (Any song), LOTR, Avengers, spiderman movies etc. Is your receiver set-up properly?

yes i have nvidia shield(PLEX,AMAZON PRIME,NETFLIX) i connected laptop, i connected HDD from tv to reciever via ARC everywhere i get the 5.1 except fire tv stick. Really got sick of it and never using it..Seems people only care about video not audio :(

yes i have nvidia shield(PLEX,AMAZON PRIME,NETFLIX) i connected laptop, i connected HDD from tv to reciever via ARC everywhere i get the 5.1 except fire tv stick. Really got sick of it and never using it..Seems people only care about video not audio :(
Strange I have the firestick and get the rears also. In case stereo signal is upmixed to surround format I get the rear speakers too.

Ha ha not true at all. I care more for audio than video and fire stick does give out great sound. If your receiver is showing DD+ that means it is getting multi channel audio. Try playing with the surround speaker levels. Are they absolutely silent during movie playback.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back