How to get best out of your mp3 audio

changappa

hi everybody,

This is my personal finding. May be our audio gurus may not agree still I insist let them try once.

now a days Maximum audio is available in Mp3 format either on the net or in the shop. if at all audio cds are available its very costly.

1. Actual music can be heard only in audio cd format.
2. In Mp3 format lower than like 40 to 50hz and higher than 16 to 17 khz is compressed and not deleted as many asume. When you convert Mp3 to normal audio cd format these compressed frequencys are decompressed and can be heard.
3.Install Nero 9 writing software. go to nero express, select music, select first option audio cd. You will get a ad on screen add mp3 files. Choose the option normalise all files.
4. better use a re writable cd so if something happens you won't loose a cd.
if you are using recordale cd use 16X speed don't tempted to use 52X etc.
5. burn. it may take 6 to 7 minutes and you are done.:clapping:
6. play it in your dvd player see the defference and then comment.

the music sounds entirely defferent. its deep,its wide and its pleasant.:licklips:

No need to spend hundreds of rupees for buying branded audio cds. this setup works symple. Don't be tempted to use filters in the ad on window they spoil the music.:sad:

I did this with Boney m and eagles it sounds really great.

regards.

Last edited:
hi everybody,

2. In Mp3 format lower than like 40 to 50hz and higher than 16 to 17 khz is compressed and not deleted as many asume. regards.

Chang,

This is incorrect. According to HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!
"Using facts like these, certain parts of a song can be eliminated without significantly hurting the quality of the song for the listener. Compressing the rest of the song with well-known compression techniques shrinks the song considerably -- by a factor of 10 at least"
HowStuffWorks "The MP3 Format"

MP3 is a lossy format which means it gets rids of certain frequencies. I am a little confused on how you can get an improvement over the original source of sound (original cd) ? Looks like Nero is doing some stuff here.

I personally am fed up with MP3. After collecing several GBs of MP3 i can't find one song when i need it. Yes i have used Media Library's and all that stuff but it just goes out of hand after sometime.
Now i am reverting back to audio cd. The feeling of putting a cd in the player and listening to each song is very different.

Buy a sound card and change the cross over frequency for each song according to the music feel you like
its the best
i use creative X-fi surround

The MP3 is a Lossy format as sachin said. There is no way to recover the original Audio from MP3 files. I personally feel it requires a very careful lisning and God gifted sentive Ears to differentiate the loss in quality if the MP3 file is coded at a bit rate of above 240 KBps. The human ears characteristics are fully exploid while coding files in MP3 format. However if the original source , codec or eqipments used for coding in MP3 are not good the corresponding MP3 file will also be of poor quality.

VU2DED

Chang,

This is incorrect. According to HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!
"Using facts like these, certain parts of a song can be eliminated without significantly hurting the quality of the song for the listener. Compressing the rest of the song with well-known compression techniques shrinks the song considerably -- by a factor of 10 at least"
HowStuffWorks "The MP3 Format"

MP3 is a lossy format which means it gets rids of certain frequencies. I am a little confused on how you can get an improvement over the original source of sound (original cd) ? Looks like Nero is doing some stuff here.

I personally am fed up with MP3. After collecing several GBs of MP3 i can't find one song when i need it. Yes i have used Media Library's and all that stuff but it just goes out of hand after sometime.
Now i am reverting back to audio cd. The feeling of putting a cd in the player and listening to each song is very different.

Hi Sahin,
glad that you read my post:).Even I was wondering before. In fact I did ask for this in this forum and as you quoted our Gurus said once converted into Mp3 the originality is lost forever.And if you convert back to cd audio there is nouse. But I did find much defference in audio quality. If you have nero 9 installed in your pc please do try this one and see.

regards

hai changappa, if you are a casual listeneer and want the music in back groundthen the differnce may not be noticeble. but if you want the music like a lover,then pls go for audio cd. i converted all my cds in 320kbps through nero. but i am able to distinguish the differnce between audio cd and mp3 eventhough both feed from same source.

hi
Yes what i wrote was the Mp3 which is converted back to cd audio sounds much better.

regards

Buy a sound card and change the cross over frequency for each song according to the music feel you like
its the best
i use creative X-fi surround

hi
here we are discussing something like cdp/dvd player Amplifier dedicated foor standing speakers etc. not computer based audio playback on home theater.
And sorry to say no colorisation and no equalizers in between. Music played as it is and listened in originality.
regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back