How to implement a HT-bypass for the DIY Pass B1 pre-amp

john_k_antony

Friends,

I am going to build the Pass-B1 pre amp using the kit provided by Sachin (sachu888). I would like to implement an HT bypass for one of the inputs. That means if I select that input, the signal should be just passed to the output without the pre-amp doing any processing / gain or volume control.

Can anyone help me with the circuit and components needed in addition to the components that are part of the Pass B1 kit?

Thanks,
John.

Hi

I Think you may use a Toggle switch , i used it to select the input from phonostage or from CDP

but not sure why do you wish to have a selector which will by pass the B1 ?

cos if it does that and if you have connected a CDP , then it will pass the high volume from CDP directly to power amp, which will result in high volume output from speakers

Guru's please correct me if iam wrong

Regards

Tanoj

I need the bypass switch for that input which is coming from the front L & R pre outs of my AVR. I want the volume to be controlled from AVR for that input. When AVR is selected in Pass B1, I just want the Pass B1 to act as a pass-through. I just want the signal from AVR to be fed directly to the power amp connected to the Pass-B1.

For all the other sources connected to Pass B1, I wan the attenuator in Pass B1 to be active.

Thanks,
John.

Last edited:
Hi,

After consulting some other forums, I guess the simpler solution is to go for an external passive RCA stereo selector than implementing one more relay based switcher inside the amp.

Another option I am thinking is to have a passive switch inside the pre amp chassis itself that will act as bypass for all inputs. So if the switch is on, it will bypass all inputs from going through the pre amp circuit. I might not do this now and go with the external passive RCA switch.

Any pointers on a good quality stereo RCA selector available in India? I checked Ebay and found only low quality Audio/Video RCA selector that doesn't look great on quality.

Thanks,
John.

Sachin,

My requirement is that one of the inputs out of 5 should be connected directly to the output bypassing the pre-amp circuit.

Thanks,
John.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back