How to improve SQ dramatically for less than Rs.100

gobble

Folks

It happened last night!! I fell asleep before the cd got over and my amp remained on for 12 hours continuous....

Playing music at 11am the next morning, the improvement in SQ was mindblowing!! The bass was ummm the way I wanted it and the treble smoother ( the NAD 325s one weakness is lack of silky smooth and fine treble, but this time it was actually sounding nice!). Mids were well like the lip smacking pickle in the sandwich. :licklips:

A properly warmed-up amp really does things!!

At the cost of electricity consumption less than rupees 100 you can hear a great new sound with your existing setup!!

Caveat: Its not eco-friendly of course!

Regards

Try this one out. Start playing music on your system, walk out of the room and return after 15-30 mins...

Try this one out. Start playing music on your system, walk out of the room and return after 15-30 mins...

duh?!!! Then what? I know my setup takes about 45 mins to warm up and sound better. Whats 30 mins compared to 12 hours?

I don't get it.. please enlighten me :)

Cheers

I agree that a nicely warmed up amp will make the sound that good. My parasounds are often left on for 30 min - 1 hr before I have a get together and play music. I dont switch it off at all - rather leave it on sleep mode.

This is the reason you have the 12v triggers isn't it?

Folks

It happened last night!! I fell asleep before the cd got over and my amp remained on for 12 hours continuous....

Playing music at 11am the next morning, the improvement in SQ was mindblowing!! The bass was ummm the way I wanted it and the treble smoother ( the NAD 325s one weakness is lack of silky smooth and fine treble, but this time it was actually sounding nice!). Mids were well like the lip smacking pickle in the sandwich. :licklips:

A properly warmed-up amp really does things!!

At the cost of electricity consumption less than rupees 100 you can hear a great new sound with your existing setup!!

Caveat: Its not eco-friendly of course!

Regards

I agree that a nicely warmed up amp will make the sound that good. My parasounds are often left on for 30 min - 1 hr before I have a get together and play music. I dont switch it off at all - rather leave it on sleep mode.

This is the reason you have the 12v triggers isn't it?

Hi marsilians
Correct me if I am wrong, but sleep mode will not warm-up the amp. The input current does not flow through the entire circuitry. Thats why power consumption is also reduced drastically in sleep mode.

Regards

Hi marsilians
Correct me if I am wrong, but sleep mode will not warm-up the amp. The input current does not flow through the entire circuitry. Thats why power consumption is also reduced drastically in sleep mode.

Regards

Its true but better than shutting it off completely, which is what amplifiers should not be put through. I notice a lot of people use the "coffee table technique" when they shut everything down, put their favourite towel or covering on amps and forget about them until next time. With the sleep, I require about 30 mins for it to still get warmed up as I noted earlier.

Hi

I notice a lot of people use the "coffee table technique" when they shut everything down, put their favourite towel or covering on amps....

In a country like India where Dust pollution is at highest level what you have mentioned is the right way to safe guard your hard earned investment.

Regards

sub

Hi

In a country like India where Dust pollution is at highest level what you have mentioned is the right way to safe guard your hard earned investment.

Regards

sub

It could be in sleep mode and still covered. There is no need to shut off completely as thats the point I was making.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back