How to know the no. of hours viewed in LCD TV

zorro

Hello all

I have been a recent member of this forum.

I recently bought a Samsung 40A650. I would like to know how to get the total no of hours viewed on this TV. This is also to know if the dealer has delivered a demo piece.

Thanks
Zorro

Hello all

I have been a recent member of this forum.

I recently bought a Samsung 40A650. I would like to know how to get the total no of hours viewed on this TV. This is also to know if the dealer has delivered a demo piece.

Thanks
Zorro

I Think somebody has answered this some where in this forum. And i remember this bcoz I have Samsung 32A550 and this method works for me, you can also try your luck.

When TV is in Standby, press remote control button one by one in following sequence INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER.
Then TV Will be ON and the first line on display will show you number of hours viewed on your TV.

Cheers.

I Think somebody has answered this some where in this forum. And i remember this bcoz I have Samsung 32A550 and this method works for me, you can also try your luck.

When TV is in Standby, press remote control button one by one in following sequence INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER.
Then TV Will be ON and the first line on display will show you number of hours viewed on your TV.

Cheers.

any idea on how to do that in sony bravia?

Are you able to view the secret menu? Can you check the hours viewed (ETI1/ ETI2) etc? Here there are also options to reset these counters.

I guess it could be useful if someone wants to monitor how many hours their children see TV etc?

But it also could be misused to reset before selling TV to show lower usage/ mileage? But anyway I don't think many know about it?

I have Samsung 6 series LCD.

I can view only one time : Panel on time (hours) : xxx ...AMBER TV <some number>

Below this there are some options like Advanced Menu, but they do not respond to remote entries.

Thanks
ravi

I checked the hours used on my brand new Sony 40S400A.
It shows 265 hours!

Now I can see that the TV is absolutely brand new, immaculate, not a speck of dust, and plastic protection covering intact, also brought from a friend/ dealer.

So this points to one thing...the TV maybe tested for these many hours at the factory production line?

It shows 265 hours!

Now I can see that the TV is absolutely brand new, immaculate, not a speck of dust, and plastic protection covering intact, also brought from a friend/ dealer.

So this points to one thing...the TV maybe tested for these many hours at the factory production line?

yes every tv will be tested,but 265hrs does seem like a long test.

It shows 265 hours!

Can you please share with us, the exact combination of keys (which keys etc.) you clicked on to get the info?

Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back