How to leave the forum?

I am an insatiable person, so that justifies I guess ...... :)

Thought Murali had left the last time a member had requested an audition. Seems the effect has worn off.... can someone request another audition please:eek:hyeah:?

Arey Bhai, why then hide behind a "patriarchal" parda (or alias - shred-her)? LOL.:lol:

Please explain in what way the alias is "patriarchal"......
unless you take the liberty, which you seem to have a habit of doing, of modifying the spelling:p

I think it is a form of public protest......
See, if someone commits suicide when he is all by himself, it goes unnoticed.......
But when that person commits suicide while the spotlight is on him (eg: self immolation in public) then he goes off with a bang having made his point.

I think it is a form of public protest......
See, if someone commits suicide when he is all by himself, it goes unnoticed.......
But when that person commits suicide while the spotlight is on him (eg: self immolation in public) then he goes off with a bang having made his point.

Er .. will leaving the forum attract section 377 too? :eek: Any bill pending in parliament regarding this? :rolleyes:

cheers

Er .. will leaving the forum attract section 377 too? :eek: Any bill pending in parliament regarding this? :rolleyes:

cheers

Yes definitely..... Govt. (here Sushma Auntie) which censors such harmless things as FTV, feels that aam jaanta should be allowed to vent their frustrations in online forums so as to prevent them venting their frustrations in "unnatural" ways..........
About bill pending in Parliament is anybody's guess. Half the time they throw things at each other, and other half they seem to be sleeping (hopefully not in "unnatural" positions),,,,,,:rolleyes:

murli .... definitely curious to know, the reason behind this step .....

Thanks a lot for all the "compliments", touching.

Some clarifications:
(1) I never wanted to start this thread but had to when my pm's to some of the moderators on this subject never got replies. My apologies and just to confirm that noone asked for "audition".
(2) I had always participated in this forum to share views, experiences and knowledge on a hobby I love, never with the approach of a seen-all know-all heard-all. Sincered thanks to those few who interacted constructively.
(3) As I had often mentioned in the past, though only a hobby, I have always taken it seriously and never suggested or advised others who sought my views things I myself never believe. After all, it is one's own money one spends in this and spending money is always easier than earning it.

Now since you asked for it, the main reason I am quitting is that I have been diagnosed with possibility of otosclerosis from some symptoms and hence find it no longer meaningful interacting with others, rather wish to keep my dreams and experiences to myself and those who love me. Sorry, I am the wrong person in this forum of ardent audio lovers and gurus who can certainly contribute more than me. I am winding up my life "here" by the end of this year and hope to be back permanently "there" and if still possible, spend the rest of my life listening to as much as I can with whatever I have or intend to have.

Be assured, you will not hear from me again. I fully respect some of the mods' suggestion to leave my membership as it is (may be not log in) and at least can answer whatever pm's I receive for opinions and suggestions, if I can.

["Inside the womb, surrounded by amniotic fluid, the foetus hears sounds. It hears the heartbeat of its mother, at times speeding up, at other times slowing down. And the foetus hears music, and a year after they are born, children recognise and prefer music they were exposed to in the womb."]

Thanks again, and good-bye.
murali

Sorry to hear about your condition. Is your hearing affected measurably?
Do you expect it to interfere in the enjoyment of your audio gear and make it not worthwhile?

Take Care.
Regards

best wishes man.. and we all will wish for your wellness soon..

respect your decision.. be happy wherever you are.. and do guide people towards the attainment of audio nirvana..

best of luck and get well soon.

Murali, I am indeed sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I am sure there will a cure available.

For your benefit as well as of others, I always answer every single PM that I get. I have not received any PM from you. If need be, please do PM me and I will reply ASAP.

Cheers

Dear MURLI ,

I will suggest dont go away .....we all your friend .....well we say -----DIL PAR MAT LO .....good and bad aspect awlays comes in life and resolutions always there .

regards
Vikram

Good luck Murali for all your endeavours outside audio. There is another world outside our ears to enjoy. People past their middle age do get hearing problems. My brother got hearing loss in one ear and i guess it runs in the family.That is why i got some of the audio stuff (latest being a DAC) i would have never otherwise acquired, to enjoy my music before i get some hearing problems. Also, i've recently stopped listening to earphones forever to delay the inevitable.(and my recently acquired re2 and fiioe5 are lying idle)

Not that Murali's problem has anything to do with earphone listening but i'd sincerely request people to minimize their earphone listening so that they have many years of listening.
Take care Murali.

People past their middle age do get hearing problems.
And the earlier they begin (I never could hear one person's voice in a crowd) the quicker they get worse with age.

My hearing is far from perfect. I should use a hearing aid for a lor of normal conversation, to relieve others of the burden of having to repeat themselves, sometimes multiple times. Just two years ago I was lobbying for purely acoustic carnatic performances; now I need the amplification. The other side of the coin is that if it is too loud it really hurts. Maybe, as our hearing gets worse, we need better quality sound? There is a whole area of research waiting there.

Music and hifi is not just for the young and the perfect-of-hearing.

Slightly OT, but have been always stamped hard of hearing by the Wife, but I thought all husbands develop that affliction out of necessity!

Sorry to hear about your condition, Murali. I am sure there is a cure at hand..

All the best.

There is convenience deafness. All cats suffer from it.

Had a boss, once, who always said, "what?" --- after a long time we caught on, and would reply, "you heard." He had done too.

He was a very decent guy, and a good man. Just had a bad habit, and don't we all have a few? Had another boss who always used to talk to me from far enough away so that I couldn't hear him. That was just a form of bullying. He was not such a good boss.

Deafness, though, gets the least sympathy of all disabilities. It's always us who should have been listening, not the other guy who should have been speaking more clearly. It's always us who are annoying. If people ridiculed the nearly blind, they'd be considered monsters, but it is always ok to have a go at the deaf.

Oh, hey, I'm ranting...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back