How to link LG 3D TV and bookshelves..

a.kr.sriv

Hi,
I have got LG 3D TV, and have got one pair of bookshelves. Now this TV's sound is not that good and it has only optical audio out..
Now I want to connect my bookshelves with TV.. How to do it??? What I need to buy?? Budget limit is 30000/- tops...
Friends please advice, and thanks in advance..
Regards
Srivastava..

Could you please tell what kind/make of bookshelf speaker you are having. Is it a Active speaker (With amp built in) or is it a passive book shelf, which requires a seperate amp?

• if its an active bookshelf speaker, then all you need to buy is a simple cheap DAC(Digital to analogue converter) with a optical in. You can connect the optical out from the TV to the optical in of the DAC and take the anogue out from the DAC to the active speakers audio in. DAC like any other electronics is cheaper in US else look for second hand deals. I personally use the below one and found it to be a good value for money dac. Amazon.com: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Musical Instruments
  • If you have a passive book shelf, then the budget will go up, as u need to invest in an amplifier as well as the DAC.

same question,How about JBL100 soundbar?? Has anyone in your circle tried it???thanks
19.gif

I have listened the JBL soundbar. I find the sound quality AWFUL to put it shortly. I strongly recommend going with a DAC. Connect the optical out from the TV to the DAC, and the DAC's analog output to your Yamaha Amp. Even a basic DAC will do.

Alternately you could go with a basic HT receiver such as one from Onkyo. The ARC over HDMI will send the sound from the TV to receiver. Just ensure both your TV and the receiver support ARC. This will also give you an option for future expansion when you want to add more speakers.

Alternately you could go with a basic HT receiver such as one from Onkyo. The ARC over HDMI will send the sound from the TV to receiver. Just ensure both your TV and the receiver support ARC. This will also give you an option for future expansion when you want to add more speakers.

Any model no of such basic ht receiver from onkyo??

Just ensure both your TV and the receiver support ARC. This will also give you an option for future expansion when you want to add more speakers.
5.gif

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back