How to make fresh LP covers

kuruvilajacob

I recently picked up some of the best Rock albums on the planet. Even with over 3000 records collected, these records were not in my collection. They include groups like Led Zepplin, Bob Segar, Kansas, and the like. Unfortunately, they came without original cover. I was wondering if it is possible to download images of the albums from internet and enlarge it to the size of LP cover. I hope someone will be able to give me some valuable tips.
Kuruvilajacob

Last edited:
Kuruvilajacob,

The way to do it would be to find album art online, get into an image editing software like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop or take it to your local print shop and ask them to print it out in the square LP cover size. The hitch is you won't get hi res artwork online for all or most cases and the image will be pixelated and blurred then when you print.

The other option is to find a CD album equivalent and ask your local print shop to do a hi res scan which can then be sized up to LP art size.

Regards

Hi,
Totally agree with stevieboy... i think scanning the cd cover will have a better resolution to print in the LP cover size..
Getting the front album covers might not be so much of an issue, i guess the back side of the LP artwork might be difficult to find...
Usually all the printers do complete printing and making of envelopes too, if the front and back cover is given to them, they will print it on one piece of paper, include the fold marks, and cut and create the entire LP cover for you..
You could choose a slightly thicker grade of paper to get a good stiffer LP cover.
Regards

hey jacob....first of all congrats on the rock album haul my friend...if after 3000 u found so many u didnt have ...it mustve been a great feeling ha...i know im always hunting for rock LPs....ok coming to your question, id suggest looking online..i will do that for u too....im sure theres a site somewhere selling vinyl sleeves only coz i rem there was a site selling only CD artwork!! :) good luck man....

Yes, Even the back can be created if you have all the info or can be pick from the CD. Just want to share... I had my first release cassette cover (which is rare) of Film Deewana and I love it. So thought to create this cover for my CD (I have both versions, Cardboard LP Cover Type and CD Inlay Card). SEE HERE
deewanapapercovercurved.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG], I have created each and everything, even you can see the track names on the cover. nothing is used from scan.

Hi,
Totally agree with stevieboy... i think scanning the cd cover will have a better resolution to print in the LP cover size..
Getting the front album covers might not be so much of an issue, i guess the back side of the LP artwork might be difficult to find...
Usually all the printers do complete printing and making of envelopes too, if the front and back cover is given to them, they will print it on one piece of paper, include the fold marks, and cut and create the entire LP cover for you..
You could choose a slightly thicker grade of paper to get a good stiffer LP cover.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
Regards

+1 to this approach, we once scanned a holy picture, about A4 size and got it blown up to a huge picture which was eventually framed. The idea worked brilliantly but the studio guy charged about Rs.1500 to do it. If you're doing record covers, the framing part is not required, hence should be considerably less expensive.

I have created this CD inlay card in 2005, This cover was for my own ACD compilation in which I have included all songs contains word "Aankhen" and also owned by Tips Music Industries.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/tdmacdcover.jpg/]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Hi Kuruvilajacob,

If u can tell me which of the Led Zep albums u need the hi res images for, i can try and source and maybe copy a hi res image of the album cover and mail you..
I have 3 of their albums... can try and get the others...

Regards..

Hi Kuruvilajacob,

If u can tell me which of the Led Zep albums u need the hi res images for, i can try and source and maybe copy a hi res image of the album cover and mail you..
I have 3 of their albums... can try and get the others...

Regards..

The Led Zepplin Albums are:
1-Sound track from 'song Remains The Same'
2-In through the out door(Double album)
3-Led Zepplin II
4-Led Zepplin

out of your list, i have the Led Zep self titled first album...
the rest i think i can get for you...
will keep u informed...

will be copying original LP artwork... might have some ringwear, but will look original..
If i get all vinyls, i can copy also the back cover for you....
your Vinyl artwork will then be complete..

Doesn't someone on this forum make outer and inner sleeves for vinyl discs ? Someone one from the South, Tuticorin ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back