How to make regionfree?

spirovious

Hi,

I would like to know that is there any way to make DVDdrive(even Bluray drive) regionfree?

As DVD rom can change regions only 3 times,then it get fixed to that region.So certain movies cannot be played.
There are methods to make DVD players regionfree,but doesnt know how to make with DVD drive(Sony DRU-820A).

So pls. let me know as I am using PC as HTPC.(hometheatre pc)

Thanks.

Cool links to have! Hope they would include info for the BD drives as well sometime down the line. Please post back and let us know how the 'flashing' went...

As an alternative to flashing, some external programs can be used. I have used AnyDVD, which makes any DVD inserted into the drive appear as region free, and it can be copied using the normal decryption methods or even played using PowerDVD or WinDVD. Haven't faced any errors till date.

Cool links to have! Hope they would include info for the BD drives as well sometime down the line. Please post back and let us know how the 'flashing' went...

I thing I may use software option as it may not cause any damage to drive.
like VLC?,Regionfree DVDp

Typically I change the drive flash and forget about it rather than fiddle with s/w. :)

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back