How to organise Western and Indian files?

trumee

Hello,

I have my media files setup as folder %Artist/%Album format. This is usually picked up fine by all media players.

I was wondering how should I manage language. Should I keep western and Indian music files together or should I keep them in separate folder.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

I have my media files setup as folder %Artist/%Album format. This is usually picked up fine by all media players.

I was wondering how should I manage language. Should I keep western and Indian music files together or should I keep them in separate folder.

Any suggestions?
Will depend on how you like to find your music. Do you search by typing in search box or like to navigate to the location. If later then keeping them separate is better. You can even have two seperate libraries

I have manually filled in the Genre for my Indian music. I ripped using iTunes. They were getting classified haphazardly by iTunes. So I have Devotional, Carnatic, Hindustani, Sufi, Ghazal, Malayalam Film, Malayalam light, Mantras, Bollywood etc. I use iTunes, Media Player or Foobar to play them. I can select then genre and the songs I want to play.

Western music genre seems to be filled up properly.

For car I have two SD cards - one for Western and another for Indian.

All my music resides on a Synology NAS and in the folders that iTunes assigns - usually with the name of the artist >album as you have mentioned.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back