Reccomendations for getting new speakers and an amp (EU)

<:soundboy:>

Hello guys,

after years of listening to mostly digital audio on my active studio monitors I've decided to purchase a turntable and see how it goes with analog sources.

My current setup is:

1. Tannoy REVEAL 802 near-field studio monitors (active)
  2. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 [3rd Gen]
  3. Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSB with upgraded AT-VM95ML cartdridge (red)

I'm pretty satisfied with digital playback, but would like to up my game and build my first decent audio system for my living room (mid-large rectangular room, 7x4 metres, cca. 28 square meters) where I plan to move the turntable. I also plan to listen digital sources there (mostly local FLAC & mp3 files). Currently everything is setup in my (smaller square) room so it's a little bit tight and doesn't do justice soundwise (bass distorsions).

Regarding speakers, I've decided to go with Polk Reserve R600 (not final decision, open for alt. suggestions)

I need suggestions for a decent amp that would drive this speakers that won't break my bank (let's say 500-800 eur, but do recommend cheaper or expensive ones if there's significant difference in terms of quality). It would be nice if it has phono stage better than the AT's built-in one. And it definitely should have treble / bass controls. It doesn't need to have streaming capatibilities since I'm planning to run that off my media center PC.

Which turn us to final component, digital files. And regarding that I'm planning to build a media center from a computer so I'll also need recommendations for a decent DAC (let's say up to 300-400 EUR, but do recommend cheaper or more expensive ones if there's significant difference in terms of quality).

Let's summarize all of this (sorry for the long post):

• Possible new speakers: Polk Reserve R600
  • Turntable: AT-LP120XUSB with upgraded AT-VM95ML cartdridge (red)

Need recommendations for:

• a decent integrated amp with treble / bass controls and possibly better phono soundstage than AT-LP120XUSB's built-in
(right now narrowed to Yamaha A-S701 as suggested by someone elsewhere, this seems to have enough power and all the other features I need​
  • a decent DAC for digital files
(right now narrowed to Ifi Zen signature v2)​

Looking forward for your recommendations and advice.

Last edited:
Back