How to play 5.1 Ac3 songs on hometheatre system

akshaye

Hi Guys,
I am tired doing lots of R & D and still not able to find the way to play my 5.1 ac3 files on my Philips hometheatre system. Can anybody in this forum help how to make 5.1 ac3 songs audio CD which will play on my hometheatre system..?(keeping the surround sound)..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,
I am tired doing lots of R & D and still not able to find the way to play my 5.1 ac3 files on my Philips hometheatre system. Can anybody in this forum help how to make 5.1 ac3 songs audio CD which will play on my hometheatre system..?(keeping the surround sound)..

Thanks in advance.

hey man its like going to a shopping mall and shouting clothes don't fit. Let us know what HW you use including the receiver, player etc.

A nornal DVDP can play DTS tracks and you can use a optical/coaxial/analogue cable from it to the receiver to decode it (provided you receiver can decode the stuff). I assume since your HT does process dolby 5.1/DTS - let us kno what player you are using. Is it a HTiB?

Let us know the specs of the setup first :p

If you say CDs,then why to make them 5.1,there wont be dedicated surr.
Try Dolby prologic/Dts neo option OR many AVR has 5ch stereo setting which converts 2ch into 5.1ch.

If you say CDs,then why to make them 5.1,there wont be dedicated surr.
Try Dolby prologic/Dts neo option OR many AVR has 5ch stereo setting which converts 2ch into 5.1ch.

These are DTS Audio CDs (officially called 5.1 Music Disc).
16 bit/ 44.1 kHz/ 5.1 channel

Akshaye's Philips hometheatre system may NOT be able to decode DTS. This is must, as this is audio CD format and can be played by any CD player. So any decode settings from player side will not help.

Supra
man don't u sleep at all ? The time stamp on ur post mentions "Today 2:24 Am". or are you working in some BPO?
sorry for deviating from the topic...

hey man its like going to a shopping mall and shouting clothes don't fit. Let us know what HW you use including the receiver, player etc.

A nornal DVDP can play DTS tracks and you can use a optical/coaxial/analogue cable from it to the receiver to decode it (provided you receiver can decode the stuff). I assume since your HT does process dolby 5.1/DTS - let us kno what player you are using. Is it a HTiB?

Let us know the specs of the setup first :p

Supra
man don't u sleep at all ? The time stamp on ur post mentions "Today 2:24 Am". or are you working in some BPO?
sorry for deviating from the topic...

i am in the product engineering business dude not a bpo:D. lately its not work (there is no business coming anyway) but my lil 7 month daughter who keeps her parents awake by her antics:D

Ok,
Its a philips HTS 4750 HTiB, my qestion is I have loads of AC3 5.1 songs in my computer and wanted to make DTS Audio CD to play it on my HTiB without loosing surround effects. I tried to copy them on CD, but my 4750 doesn't show the files. So How can I play those..? Am I still not clear..?

Ok,
Its a philips HTS 4750 HTiB, my qestion is I have loads of AC3 5.1 songs in my computer and wanted to make DTS Audio CD to play it on my HTiB without loosing surround effects. I tried to copy them on CD, but my 4750 doesn't show the files. So How can I play those..? Am I still not clear..?

I guess these are .wav files?

Check out his post for more details on how you can burn them as an Audio CD.

http://www.hifivision.com/music/5296-how-play-flac-files-2.html#post63245

If you just burn wav files as data CD it will not play in your DVD Player.

If you have the image files of DTS CD (nrg/bin) then you need to burn images to CD using burning SW, so that it can work on DVD/CD player.

I guess these are .wav files?

Check out his post for more details on how you can burn them as an Audio CD.

http://www.hifivision.com/music/5296-how-play-flac-files-2.html#post63245

If you just burn wav files as data CD it will not play in your DVD Player.

If you have the image files of DTS CD (nrg/bin) then you need to burn images to CD using burning SW, so that it can work on DVD/CD player.

These are .ac3 files. I got the software to convert one single ac3 file into 6 seperate channels, so right now I have 6 wav files for each channels. Now I am searching for DTS encoder to combine this 6 channels into one track. Still hunting for the DTS encoder...

hi akshaye
have u downloaded this tracks from b/w torrent?
if yes,then this files must be in wave format
what u need is NERO and use it to make an audio cd thats it.
ignore what extension those files has just burn them as audio cd and let me know that worked or not.
or else here are some search which u may find helpful
ac3 audio cd - Google Search

hi akshaye
have u downloaded this tracks from b/w torrent?
if yes,then this files must be in wave format
what u need is NERO and use it to make an audio cd thats it.
ignore what extension those files has just burn them as audio cd and let me know that worked or not.
or else here are some search which u may find helpful
ac3 audio cd - Google Search

No..its not from bwtorrent. And the files ae .ac3. Nero doesnt accept these files for burning. Well I have already got the solution how to convert these files to DTS wave. But its a bit long procedure though. First I need to first convert this ac3 files into 6 channels wav files through Ac3 Tools software. Then I need to change their sample rate from 48000 to 41000 sample rate. Then I need to convert them into on single DTS wave file through SurCode. Then after all this procedure we need to burn these .wav files as Audio Cd through Nero.

If any one have better solution than this please let me know. Otherwise this is the procedure which I worked out after googling and doing R & D. Still need to check after burning the acutal DTS Cd.

I have avi files (divx encoded with 5.1 ac3 audio and is played by philips ht3548 when encoded upto 2500 kbps).But I m also ot able to play stand alone ac3 files . I m also doing R & D and will be back with solution ASAP.

yOU CAN MULTIPLEX YOUR AUDIO FILES WITH SINGLE FRAME OR VERY LOW QUALITY ANIMATION AND SAVE THEM AS AVI (dIVX ENCODED ) USING VIRTUAL DUB MOD . THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME. HOPE THIS HELPS.

yOU CAN MULTIPLEX YOUR AUDIO FILES WITH SINGLE FRAME OR VERY LOW QUALITY ANIMATION AND SAVE THEM AS AVI (dIVX ENCODED ) USING VIRTUAL DUB MOD . THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Hey Cobra,
I dont understand what do you mean by that. I have installed Virutal Dub mod. But I can not open the ac3 audio files...Can you elaborate with more detaisl..I am novice in such kind of R & Ds..Can you please help me on this..?

Hey Cobra,
I dont understand what do you mean by that. I have installed Virutal Dub mod. But I can not open the ac3 audio files...Can you elaborate with more detaisl..I am novice in such kind of R & Ds..Can you please help me on this..?

Hi, Its simple
open virtualdubmod and in file menu open any avi file and in video menu go to range and unselect cutoff audio when video ends) now in streams menu go to stream list and use add button to select ac3 file and save the file as avi by going in file menu.Please note if original avi file you selected contains audio disable it in stream list.
you are done .
you can contact me for any help at [email protected]

Last edited:
Brothers,

I am too facing the same problem. I have DTS songs of the movie "Shivaji". Both dvdp and ps3 slim(region problem:confused:) doesn't recognize the tracks written on a cd. Not that I can enjoy 5.1 effect with my 2.0 setup, just wanted to check if I can do it or not..above all...I use OpenSuse 11.1....too OPEN and big to find things.

Thanks,
Venky

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back