How to play audio from Mobile - Sony AZ5D

sasha0077

Hi,

I have a Sony Hi-Fi AZ5D (below images of the front and the back of the Hi-fi). I want to play back music from my mobile phone (via the headphone jack) but there is no Aux input in the Hi-fi (as Aux did not exist when I bought this Hi-fi). There is a PC mode which lets playback from pc via a USB to printer cable connected via USB to PC. But this requires a PC while I need the playback from a mobile. I tried a USB female to 3.5mm cable converter and plugged the USB male (of the original USB printer cable that came with this Hi-fi to work in PC mode) to this cable converter and then the 3.5mm end into my phone's head phone jack but this doesn't work and the audio still plays from phone's speakers.

Can anyone suggest a way to playback audio from my phone on this Hi-fi?

KXPd0.jpg

Y6j0z.jpg

Hi,

I have a Sony Hi-Fi AZ5D (below images of the front and the back of the Hi-fi). I want to play back music from my mobile phone (via the headphone jack) but there is no Aux input in the Hi-fi (as Aux did not exist when I bought this Hi-fi). There is a PC mode which lets playback from pc via a USB to printer cable connected via USB to PC. But this requires a PC while I need the playback from a mobile. I tried a USB female to 3.5mm cable converter and plugged the USB male (of the original USB printer cable that came with this Hi-fi to work in PC mode) to this cable converter and then the 3.5mm end into my phone's head phone jack but this doesn't work and the audio still plays from phone's speakers.

Can anyone suggest a way to playback audio from my phone on this Hi-fi?

KXPd0.jpg

Y6j0z.jpg
Welcome to the forum. I see an analog input section labelled under VIDEO?SAT to the right side bottom area in the back plate picture. If you have a 3.5 to RCA cable, plug it below the inputs where the IN and see . Do let us know if it works.

There is a PC mode which lets playback from pc via a USB to printer cable connected via USB to PC. But this requires a PC while I need the playback from a mobile.

You may try FM @tuff suggestion.. Easiest one..

If you have an android mobile and if it supports USB-OTG function, you may get a micro USB to USB-Female cable (USB-OTG Adaptor cable), which you can then connect to printer cable.. This way the hi-fi system will receive audio over USB..

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back