How to react?When you see a Monster?

Audio_Freek

Hello Fm's,

I havent thought that i would Own such a Vintage beauty at anytime in my life.As for me to own a Vintage stuff, i suppose to be born in Western countries or East Asian Country.
Ok let me break the suspense, Previous day i got change to grab a vintage Beauty Named SANSUI

Let me make it short and simple.Always have a craze on Vintage stuff and was thinking to buy one of the best Beast and i have asked for a dealer in Chennai.He used to call me when ever he finds some good Vintage stuff,It been around 5 Years now and hope my wish full filled finally.

Last week i got a call from him and he informed about the condition and Model, the next Minute i transferred Money to Him.Then from the next Moment i started dreaming about oh how it would look like, what you be the condition ,How big it would be, what is the magic iam going to feel etc etc.

Previous day evening, i got call from courier that I have a Hefty parcel to get delivered:licklips:
I just moved early(With two Hours Permission at office) and rushed to the parcel office.I saw a small parcel, Not the expected size:sad:

So, i concluded there is no Thermocole was in packing.Some damage to the cartoons this raised my BP to the Top.Somehow i managed to control my tears and took them to my room Half Mind.I knew it was good even sent and now sure what would have been happening during the transit.

I reached room by 8:30pm and kept quite,just by starring the parcel.After a Long pause, I just gained confidence and ready to open the parcel-I was prepared to accept what damage has happen to them and make it lighter Way.

Just unpacked three cartoons and reached the final cover.I saw some normal dents which happens during the shipping and I lost my confident again.. ahhh. then rebuild it and removed the cover....Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The Vintage SANSUI AU -719 has visited my Home finally. I am one of the proud owner of these vintage beauties.

The Knobs were been loosen and the switched were with light bent and no issue with other switched. Cosmetically it was 6\10 due to age.Immediately i connected the speakers and my DVD and powered the Monster.

1.It got powered IN
2.I COULD WORK EASE with the all the knobs without any issues and Switches too.
3.Now the My Fav -Hotel California was been played and the speakers start to sing.

WOOOOOOOOOW.............ohhhhhhhhh.. Wat a liveliness this amp gives to my Speakers.From the top to the botten frequencies were touching in rich and dynamic sound quality. when i check the volume Knob, it was not even crossed 10'clock Mark.

Then Like a crack i was randomly and serially played all my fav tracks over the Whole night almost till 3.30am.Then another surprise. these Monster doesn't not even emitting a cup of Coffee's heat though it was played continuously for 4-5 Hours .

I am still Human, so gave them a break for a while and was interested to look them Nude. Just Screw drivers start spinning on hands and removed the Cover.

God DAM,... Its build like a Production unit of Iron Unit. Its dual transformers and Boards,Heat Sinks were completely shielded within a Metal arms. seems they never split even in a AIR crash:licklips:h.

Then Components are pretty original and i cant believe how it would have been maintained.Just dusty as normal unused stuff.I just cleaned whole unit with brush and vaccum cleaner +Unscrew the Face plate+tighten the screws and all made fit and back to work.

Now they are singing with soothing sound with all i want and never leaving me to switch-off.I am awaiting to see her today night, as today Morning there was no Power to woke her Up.

Punchy Bass, Shrill High and mind blowing Vocals (South Indian Classical),I became a MAD towards classical over Night due to this Beauty.
What a dynamics It was like a Headphones and SO SO lively i cant believe its my two tiny speaker and a ordinary DVD player are part of this magic.:lol:

Happy settled with them and very much bothered on my Tiny speakers. So its time to reserve some space for new Speakers who go well with Sansui's

Now i can understand that Why the OLD vintage stuff are still demanding across the world and has a huge FAN's club.

Thanks for the forum members who were sharing their ideas and view ,Finally i have been edited with a Lovable Sansui Monster also am greedy to Own AU-717.:clapping:
Please let me know, in case any one have them for sales.I would grab them visiting in person.Just to avoid the thrill and feel which i had until the Lights were up in the Sansui's.:eek:hyeah:

No words to say, this has rejoice me and my hear it full of happiness after a Long time.

Sorry for Bad English, as i just felt to communicate what i felt so grammar was far away from this Post

congrats on your vintage sansui.
vintage Sansui is really great.
i had sansui D11,SANSUI AU717(2nos,Fully restored)and SANSUI AUX501 they all driving my JBL L112 and YAMAHA NS1000M
The vintage sansui are praised for its punchy bass and clear highs.
i am enjoying every moment with sansui.
enjoy your score.

congrats on your vintage sansui.
vintage Sansui is really great.
i had sansui D11,SANSUI AU717(2nos,Fully restored)and SANSUI AUX501 they all driving my JBL L112 and YAMAHA NS1000M
The vintage sansui are praised for its punchy bass and clear highs.
i am enjoying every moment with sansui.
enjoy your score.

Thats stunning.. But please remember to intimate me in case you have idea to sell one of the AU-717.

Am looking for JBL L series to match my amp.Good Co-incident that you too use them at your set-up:clapping:

I am scared, whether I would become Sansui Vintage collector soon:eek:hyeah:

They just blown me away..

Congrats for owning a system that you longed for

Thanks UKjeraj,

Now new Dream started for Some Vintage stuff..Hope i would be looking for some good vintage stuff.Just they such cleanly and heavily Build,which could run for more than 50+years with proper recapping.I just had a look and only the transformer are big and no much boards or chips and gives such a clean output.

I feel in love for them...Now i feel that the penny is really worth to spend on them.

sansui vintage sound signature is like drug addiction.:licklips:
once you are in then it is very difficult to come out with other amps.
initially i purchased the d11,then au717,done full restoration by professional,then purchased the other 717(already fully restored).
yes you are right,they mate well with the jbl heavy woofers.

Thanks UKjeraj,

Now new Dream started for Some Vintage stuff..Hope i would be looking for some good vintage stuff.Just they such cleanly and heavily Build,which could run for more than 50+years with proper recapping.I just had a look and only the transformer are big and no much boards or chips and gives such a clean output.

I feel in love for them...Now i feel that the penny is really worth to spend on them.

well written, I was able to re-live your excitement. Congrats for the amp accquisition.

Hello Fm's,

I havent thought that i would Own such a Vintage beauty at anytime in my life.As for me to own a Vintage stuff, i suppose to be born in Western countries or East Asian Country.
Ok let me break the suspense, Previous day i got change to grab a vintage Beauty Named SANSUI

Let me make it short and simple.Always have a craze on Vintage stuff and was thinking to buy one of the best Beast and i have asked for a dealer in Chennai.He used to call me when ever he finds some good Vintage stuff,It been around 5 Years now and hope my wish full filled finally.

Last week i got a call from him and he informed about the condition and Model, the next Minute i transferred Money to Him.Then from the next Moment i started dreaming about oh how it would look like, what you be the condition ,How big it would be, what is the magic iam going to feel etc etc.

Previous day evening, i got call from courier that I have a Hefty parcel to get delivered:licklips:
I just moved early(With two Hours Permission at office) and rushed to the parcel office.I saw a small parcel, Not the expected size:sad:

So, i concluded there is no Thermocole was in packing.Some damage to the cartoons this raised my BP to the Top.Somehow i managed to control my tears and took them to my room Half Mind.I knew it was good even sent and now sure what would have been happening during the transit.

I reached room by 8:30pm and kept quite,just by starring the parcel.After a Long pause, I just gained confidence and ready to open the parcel-I was prepared to accept what damage has happen to them and make it lighter Way.

Just unpacked three cartoons and reached the final cover.I saw some normal dents which happens during the shipping and I lost my confident again.. ahhh. then rebuild it and removed the cover....Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The Vintage SANSUI AU -719 has visited my Home finally. I am one of the proud owner of these vintage beauties.

The Knobs were been loosen and the switched were with light bent and no issue with other switched. Cosmetically it was 6\10 due to age.Immediately i connected the speakers and my DVD and powered the Monster.

1.It got powered IN
2.I COULD WORK EASE with the all the knobs without any issues and Switches too.
3.Now the My Fav -Hotel California was been played and the speakers start to sing.

WOOOOOOOOOW.............ohhhhhhhhh.. Wat a liveliness this amp gives to my Speakers.From the top to the botten frequencies were touching in rich and dynamic sound quality. when i check the volume Knob, it was not even crossed 10'clock Mark.

Then Like a crack i was randomly and serially played all my fav tracks over the Whole night almost till 3.30am.Then another surprise. these Monster doesn't not even emitting a cup of Coffee's heat though it was played continuously for 4-5 Hours .

I am still Human, so gave them a break for a while and was interested to look them Nude. Just Screw drivers start spinning on hands and removed the Cover.

God DAM,... Its build like a Production unit of Iron Unit. Its dual transformers and Boards,Heat Sinks were completely shielded within a Metal arms. seems they never split even in a AIR crash:licklips:h.

Then Components are pretty original and i cant believe how it would have been maintained.Just dusty as normal unused stuff.I just cleaned whole unit with brush and vaccum cleaner +Unscrew the Face plate+tighten the screws and all made fit and back to work.

Now they are singing with soothing sound with all i want and never leaving me to switch-off.I am awaiting to see her today night, as today Morning there was no Power to woke her Up.

Punchy Bass, Shrill High and mind blowing Vocals (South Indian Classical),I became a MAD towards classical over Night due to this Beauty.
What a dynamics It was like a Headphones and SO SO lively i cant believe its my two tiny speaker and a ordinary DVD player are part of this magic.:lol:

Happy settled with them and very much bothered on my Tiny speakers. So its time to reserve some space for new Speakers who go well with Sansui's

Now i can understand that Why the OLD vintage stuff are still demanding across the world and has a huge FAN's club.

Thanks for the forum members who were sharing their ideas and view ,Finally i have been edited with a Lovable Sansui Monster also am greedy to Own AU-717.:clapping:
Please let me know, in case any one have them for sales.I would grab them visiting in person.Just to avoid the thrill and feel which i had until the Lights were up in the Sansui's.:eek:hyeah:

No words to say, this has rejoice me and my hear it full of happiness after a Long time.

Sorry for Bad English, as i just felt to communicate what i felt so grammar was far away from this Post

How much did they cost you, ie. buying from the dealer? AU-719 and AU-919 are considered to be the BEST amplifiers Sansui ever produced. That was during the late 70s and early 80s, after which their quality took a beating as a result of the compromises to make available affordable products (to remain in business) due to the strong yen.

well said,but i dont want to start a debate here. just i am telling my exposure.
sanusi au 919 is good,but not the best sansui ever made.
we can found 1000s of pages in the net regarding the debate with ref to 919.
i was fortunate to compare both 717 and 919 in the same system.
the bottom end produced by 717 is much cleaner and puncher than the 919.
even i defeated the loudness switch.
i never auditioned the 719,but some people prefer the 719 due to its loudness switch.
919 lacking the loudness switch.
yes the build quality was degraded over the years,but the production from 1970-80s very well regarded.
you are very happy with 719.if you audition the 717,then you will never go back with any other modern day amps.
this is the main reason people are still paying top dollars for 717 and paying extra dollars for restoration.
regards
btw i had modern day amps like ONKYO TX NR906/marantz SR14EX MK2 and also SONY DA777ES.
nothing comes close to sansui punch and clarity.
regards

btw i had modern day amps like ONKYO TX NR906/marantz SR14EX MK2 and also SONY DA777ES.
nothing comes close to sansui punch and clarity.
regards

100 Likes.

Yes, My speakers have gone into a Different World Now.Probably if i get chance to own 717 then My itch towards Upgrade would move to Snail walk.

None would believe looking on its size and appearance,How sweet they sound. Now completely moving towards the Classical due to SanSui,the Mid are given as its Made.:eek:hyeah:,Also just making me to experiment Combo with Analog and Digital sources

100 Likes.

Yes, My speakers have gone into a Different World Now.Probably if i get chance to own 717 then My itch towards Upgrade would move to Snail walk.

None would believe looking on its size and appearance,How sweet they sound. Now completely moving towards the Classical due to SanSui,the Mid are given as its Made.:eek:hyeah:,Also just making me to experiment Combo with Analog and Digital sources

u r right.
after purchasing the AU717 i stopped purchasing the newer stereo amps.:)

Congrats on the Sansui.
I started with Sonodyne for a brief period until I landed with an AU 317. Pretty soon got a pair of Sansui SU 81 speakers. They had an amazing synergy.
I sometimes do regret giving away the Sansui when I read about them but space was becoming an issue.
Happy listening:)

Last edited:
IMHO, Dont bother to Give some space for such Vintage beauties in attic or just give it to some friend Like Audio_Freak,Who would take care and return in same good shape when you required.

We had Naional Panasonic Cassette,Which is Made in Japan and Hope it was triple the salary of my Uncle that time.After music from Computer was played i couldnt see them on the Stands for quite some time and was sorry for that.Last Year when i stepped to my uncle's house "Aaradhana" was playing so sweet and soul when i just rushed to see where the magic and the Np was been Hooked Up.Still i cant believe it 30+Years Old.Such good working condition and cleaned ,Maintained and used with Lot of Care.

Summary- Dont miss the rare Vintage gears by sending them to Trash.There could be some one who would interested :)

I cocnur that sentiment. I carried the same thoughts when giving it away.
The amp is with someone who treasures it and has paired it with Dali Ikon 6 spearkers. While the speaker's cabinet were begininng to fall apart. They were pasive radiators and gaps opening up in the corners was leaking air. Gave them to friend to keep it.
Since then acquired 2 vintage beauties - Luxman and Tannoy. What a joy!

Ah.. Yes Luxman ,Tannoy,Macintosh,AR are in my wish List.

You Believe it or Not ,When i saw your signature (On First Post)the next Moment i Googeled both and checked its availability in India.:eek:hyeah:
I Highly Envy on you.

Have a fabulous year Ahead. Let the Joy and fortune stays with your family and grab some Vintage Beauties too:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back