How to write .ac3 files in to a audio CD?

First convert the .AC3 file to .wav as ACDs support only .wav. Then use your CD burning software to burn audio CD.

Which software is best for that .wav conversion? After converting to wav, will it support 5 channel sound which is previously in that ac3 file?

Thanks for replying :)

Regards,
Ben

if you want 5.1 --- you can write the ac3 file to a CD using a .wav wrapper. this pads the bit rate to to approx 1.5Mbps pcm rate. obviously the file will not be listenable via normal cd player audio out. but using the digital out and a ac3 reciever you can get 5.1 you can do dts the same way (there are some dts cds commercially available)

google for the guide on this, if you cannot find it, I will give you the instructions via pm

with DTS --YMMV, with ac3, even more YMMV. but worth a try (all it will cost is some time an some cd blanks.

I think maybe you can try Xilisoft Audio Maker, I found it online and its overview said that it can convert ac3 files and burn it to CD. If you need, you can search for it. Besides, if you want to extract the audio or movies from a dvd, you can try this program, it allows you to watch dvd on iPad 4 or other devices such as mobile phones, PCs,etc.

Last edited:
You can create a Super Audio CD (SACD) which supports 6 ch sound..But you will need a SACD player to play it..Or you can create its ISO file and play it thru Media player like WD Live - if you have any..
I have few SACD and it plays 5.1 tracks..More details here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Audio_CD

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back