How will RBI guidelines affect Spotify, Tidal etc using auto payments every month

square_wave

With the new rules kicking in this month, I am guessing auto payment via credit cards for online platforms won't work anymore. I already got a notification from Paypal for tidal. Anyone knows workarounds ?

With the new rules kicking in this month, I am guessing auto payment via credit cards for online platforms won't work anymore. I already got a notification from Paypal for tidal. Anyone knows workarounds ?

Looks like it kicks in only above Rs 5,000...

Is there a limit of auto-recurring transactions, above a certain amount that will need additional authentication, now?
Any recurring transaction of an amount greater than Rs 5,000 will require Additional Factor Authentication (AFA) each time the amount is to be paid.

OTP for payments above ₹5,000

For recurring payments above ₹5,000, banks are required to send a one-time password to customers as per the new guidelines.

My Tidal payment went through via Paypal yesterday no problem.
Perhaps the rules are not yet in place all over as yet.

I faced the same problem with Netflix. It is considered international transaction. And I don’t have any problem paying manually every month, it’s little inconvenience.

If it is 5000, then it should not affect most OTT payments. A friend said his netflix failed. I have setup my tidal via paypal. I got an email a week ago from paypal that it may fail. Keeping fingers crossed.

I got new credit card (replacement for old one).
Now trying to update payment method on tidal, credit card validity is declined by bank, even though international transaction enabled.
Any solution for it.

I got new credit card (replacement for old one).
Now trying to update payment method on tidal, credit card validity is declined by bank, even though international transaction enabled.
Any solution for it.
Tidal is no longer accepting Indian cards; get a Paypal account and subscribe to Tidal Thailand.

Tidal is no longer accepting Indian cards; get a Paypal account and subscribe to Tidal Thailand.
Getting new account means loosing all my existing playlist and entire library.
Have to start from scratch, with new account.
Currently I have Tidal Turkey account.

Since you already have a Tidal Turkey account, change the payment method and link it to the Paypal account.

Transfer playlist to spotify and then back to new tidal account. I have same playlist across both platforms now, had a tidal playlist get wiped out for some strange reason.

Since you already have a Tidal Turkey account, change the payment method and link it to the Paypal account.
I misspoke; Turkey doesn't support PayPal but Thailand. Raise a ticket with Tidal, and they will move you to Thailand along with your playlist.

I misspoke; Turkey doesn't support PayPal but Thailand. Raise a ticket with Tidal, and they will move you to Thailand along with your playlist.
Thank you for this tip. I'm stuck as well with credit card being declined for Argentina. While Thailand is a bit more expensive this seems to be the only potential solution as of today. Will try and report back

I tried canceled my turkey subscription.
When I tried subscribing again for Turkey, I got SMS from bank that Standing Instruction is declined as per RBI rule.
You are right, tidal turkey does not accept paypal.

Now I have raised ticket with tidal to move my account to Thailand. See If I am able to subscribe using paypal.

For all those stuck like me, two things have worked so far:

1) New account with Tidal Thailand using paypal (not sure if the payment will work after 30 day trial). Credit to @OM_2K19 for this stellar tip.
2) Use a Visa credit card. The one I had on file was master which kept giving the error, but Visa seems to have worked for now...fingers crossed!

Tidal Turkey is stopping its service.

Attachments

• E242B691-BD02-4F82-A362-00060789A0AD.jpeg
    E242B691-BD02-4F82-A362-00060789A0AD.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 17
Dunno about RBI, but Amazon did this to a service I subscribe to:

Great step.

My Tidal US got through via Paypal.

I goofed up with Spotify and used my other ID to subscribe for a year. Lost all my playlists and recommendations.

I don't remember what I did with iTunes and Amazon Music but both are subscribed and accessible as of now.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back