HS Code for DAC ordered on AliExpress

spandan414

I have ordered SMSL Sanskrit 6th edition on aliexpress. Costed me $93.50 (free shipping). I got a message from foreign post customs department today asking me to send them the invoice copy of the shipment to their email ID. Contacted the seller and he informed me that he will send me the invoice tomorrow.

I have read somewhere that the correct HS code should be mentioned in the invoice. I have searched for HS codes for Dacs but could not understand which category will they fall under. I have also read that HS codes determine the duty levied on the shipment. If someone has ordered a DAC on aliexpress, please let me know the customs duty I should be expecting. Also let me know, if i need to send the customs department any other documents other than the invoice.

Thanks,
Sam

Got the DAC delivered a few days back. I sent the copy of the invoice to the postal customs department through email and they cleared it the next day.

Customs charged me 50% of the actual cost of the DAC. Total landing cost of the DAC is 9300rs.

Congratulations.. How does it sound ? Let us know after it is burnt in...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture is exempt from obtaining IEC code.

For future, use this permanent IEC number for exempt category -
IEC Code Number 100000053 : Persons / Institutions / Hospitals importing or exporting goods for personnel use, not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.

Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture is exempt from obtaining IEC code.

For future, use this permanent IEC number for exempt category -
IEC Code Number 100000053 : Persons / Institutions / Hospitals importing or exporting goods for personnel use, not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.

I don't understand how this pertains to a item being shipped from China by a e-commerce site. More over I needed HS code and not IEC code. All DACs fall under the category called "amplifiers" according to the customs department. This category has 50 to 60% customs fee charge.

I don't understand how this pertains to a item being shipped from China by a e-commerce site. More over I needed HS code and not IEC code. All DACs fall under the category called "amplifiers" according to the customs department. This category has 50 to 60% customs fee charge.

When you ship an item into India it is Import and the customs sometimes asks for the import permit. so the above code.
HS code for most electrical items are in chapter 85 of Indian customs Import duty and HS Code 8518 for electrical sound amplifier. The specific HS code shown in recent import export data for sound amplifier is HS 85184000
Check out this website
Indian Custom Duty | Import Duty Chapter 85 | Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles.
and this for duty calculation rates
Customs Duty in India on , " :MICROPHONES AND STANDS THEREFOR: LOUDSPEAKERS | Duty Calculator of 85184000,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back