HT 5.1 system for 50K INR?

ankushgarg123

Hi,

I am looking for a good 5.1 Home theatre system. Primary use will be Tata Sky HD + and some music from iphone or USB.
My budget is about 50K INR. This should cover the AV receiver and 5.1 speaker set.

Some basic research has yielded the following options:

1) Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package (Bookshelf)
Onkyo HT-S8409/7500 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package (Tower)
2) Yamaha YHT-897 5.1-Channel Network Home Theater System

Since this will be my first HT and I am a newbie, please recommend which of the above or something similar would be best for me? I am ok with pairing different AVR and 5.1 speakers. I am looking to buy in Feb '13 so prices are likely to hopefully reduce by then. Also, where in Bangalore can I try / buy?
I plan to also buy a 40"/42" LED TV (no 3D) to complete my HT system. (budget is about 50K INR)
Thanks

go for separates.no full ht system...as the speakers are in tha package not good..
at your 50k budget 5.1 separate is posssible but i suggets go step by step.
buy a denon 1612 avr 25k or onkyo equivalent one....
get a pair of bookshelves and a centre...15k+10k........
buy sub and rears later.....

for tv start a new thread

My honest take on your requirement is that a 5.1 system is not going to shine with DTH and USB audio. For the kind of money you are shelling out, you can look at a good 2.1 system or even a soundbar!

I am yet to witness Audio finesse over DTH broadcast. These guys market with fancy terms like DD plus, 7.1 etc, all which is not going to be even close to the BD rips we watch!

If you going to watch BD/BD rips, then go for separates like every one suggest!

Remember, you are going to need to spend a chunk of your budget on the AVR alone in this route. If not, you can always look at HTIBs!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back