HT Advise - Onkyo HTS 3400/3500 or Denon 1612 + Speakers

psinghal

Hi,
I am looking for a home theatre primarily for TV & movies. The room size is 16x14 and has lots of large windows.

I was considering the Onkyo HTS3400/3500 as my budget is max 30k. But a friend is going to Germany and he is willing to carry a AVR for me. The price on Amazon.de for the Denon 1612 is Euro 222 and if my friend can get a VAT refund , the price will be Euro 186.

Does it make sense to buy the Denon 1612 over the Onkyo?
What speakers would suit the Denon 1612 if I go that route? Can I get decent speakers in 15-20K in India. Space is a constraint for the Sub & FS due to the way the room is structured. I do not have issues placing the rear speakers.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Pankaj

am also looking for the same, plz guys it would be helpful

Yes spec wise denon 1612 better than onkyo 3400 and 3500 but more expensive when u add speakers and subwoofer to this

While 3400 /3500 you get speakers in the box.

Also depends on how big your listening room and if you are mor into movies or music

Hi,
I am looking for a home theatre primarily for TV & movies. The room size is 16x14 and has lots of large windows.

I was considering the Onkyo HTS3400/3500 as my budget is max 30k. But a friend is going to Germany and he is willing to carry a AVR for me. The price on Amazon.de for the Denon 1612 is Euro 222 and if my friend can get a VAT refund , the price will be Euro 186.

Does it make sense to buy the Denon 1612 over the Onkyo?
What speakers would suit the Denon 1612 if I go that route? Can I get decent speakers in 15-20K in India. Space is a constraint for the Sub & FS due to the way the room is structured. I do not have issues placing the rear speakers.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Hi, I understand your confusion. Let me explain........HTIB systems like Onkyo HT-S3500, Denon 1312XP, etc all are made for people on a shoe string budget. It gives you the best bang for the buck. You get decent audio for movies for a very good price with the latest technology.

However HTIBs are no match for separate components. If you do have the budget and capability to go the separates route then that will give you much better sound in the long run. Pair up any entry level receiver with a good satellite 5.1 speaker system and you are good to go. Denon 1612 is a very good receiver and will go well with almost all speakers. Have a look on hifimart and technoguru to look at 5.1 speakers. Some of the good names are Wharfedale, Polk Audio, Boston Acoustics, Jamo, etc.........

Another option you have which will give you even better sound is to go for a receiver and then only get 2 good front speakers. You can later add more speakers and eventually have a complete 5.1 system.

Options are many.........choice is yours!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back